Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Bangkok Thailand and bought 2 CD's from Pantip Plaza(I strongly suggest a trip to Bangkok and Pantip). The CD's are NEO GEO 1 and 2. Evidently 1 is damaged. 2 loaded but cannot get to the games. The playstation controller they gave me has a floppy disk included with BLEEM on it but I have windows ME and evidently Bleem will not work unless using windows 98. Any suggestions (downloads etc.) as I am dying to play the 60 or so games on NEO GEO 2... Please HELP!

MYKAL

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
if u put this title just to call attentio let me tell u it wont work, cause warez is illegal here and WinME sucks big time :p :p :p

and sorry m8, gess u should get ur cds from a real source... like a store :p

plz read the board rules ok?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No not to call attention just stuck with a cd that I cannot play. Listen, I am new to this started surfing the internet to get help. Not trying to do anything illegal. So lighten up. I did not understand (evidently) the rules concerning the board so tell me what I did wrong in asking for help.

Mykal

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
no problem dud, everyone gotta start from somewere :)
sorry m8, but sony is watching these boards closely, and if they find sumthin illegal they can aswell try to shut us down :eek:

thees boards are really gr8, keep showing up :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will keep coming back though have no idea how this stuff works. I am dying to play these games...

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Did you say NEO GEO?? are you sure those are playstation games, and *not* Neo Geo games? If it's Neo Geo Games you're talking about, bleem! is useless. You'll need either MAME, NeoRageX, WinKawaks, or any of those emulators that support neo geo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know I really don't know. I am a newbie for sure. The guy at Pantip Plaza was playing the games when I bought it. Unfortunately he only spoke THAI. He sold me the neo geo 1 and 2 on cd. There are 59 games on one and 69 games on the other. The playstation controller had the bleem disk in it. Maybe it was just for the controller. What do you guys think? Is any one familliar with those neo geo cds I am describing? LOTS of fighting games with some sports/war games. ???

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually I did a search on this board with "neogeo" and I found metal slug x which is one of the games on the disk one and disk two. I think the bleem thing was for the playstation controller. How should I proceed? I have a Compaq 5000 with DVD and CD burner with DSL. (yes I am getting into it) I would love to play these games!!!

By the way. My email is [email protected]

Just for your information...

Mykal

·
これはバタスです
6,338 Posts
To run Neo Geo ROMs you need a Neo Geo arcade emulator like NeoRageX or MAME. Just search for them on a search engine and they'll come up. Bleem! should run on Windows ME(it does for me), it just doesn't work in Windows NT. And I suggest you use something other than Bleem! for PSX emulation, like epsxe or VGS.

S

·
0 Posts
You did nothing wrong in asking for help here mykal, but what Neojag said is true. These type of games are considered "warez" which means that they are illegally copied games. This probably why your CD #one does not work. What Neojag said about this site (PSXEMU.com) and the boards (EmuForums) being watched is true. Both Sony and Nintendo are keeping their "eyes" on this site and if any illegal stuff is found, well.........you get the picture. Also, not talking about, helping with, or giving links to illegal things is the wish of Bobbi (the Webmaster/Owner of these boards and this site) and of many of the members and administrators (of which I am one).
As for your CDs, they do sound like NeoGeo games as I doubt that NeoGeo would translate to Playstation even in Thai. This is a Playstions emulation site, soon to become an all emulation site, so the best place I can think of, off hand, to go for help w/these CDS would be www.vg-network.com They deal w/all different types of emulation and may be able to help.
If you do get into PSX emulation, then come on back and we'll be glad to help all we can. BTW the recommended PSX emulator, right now, is ePSXe if you want great compatability and enhanced graphics, or VGS if you will be satisfied w/great sound but stock standard PSX graphics. Also VGS has been discontinued and ePSXe is being updated regularly. Take care and hope to see you back soon.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the replies everyone! I will go and check those downloads on the computer later today. I will keep you all informed of my results.

Mykal

1 - 13 of 13 Posts