Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Wingman
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my mitsumi cd-rom drive displays the message 'the drivers for this device are not installed' in the device manager along with a yellow excl. mark in the 'other devices' section. can anyone help me to resolve this problem?!

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
then you need to get the drivers from somewhere like driversguide.com and install them by hand or use the "have disk" option

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hmm....this should be in the hardware forum....

Anyway, if it's a CD-Rom made in the last several years then you don't need a driver for it. The problem you're experiencing is most likely a conflict, I don't really know enough about your system to make an accurate judgement about that though.

·
The Wingman
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have looked all over the web for a mitsumi driver/setup program for the drive, but all i can find are .sys files and dos box setups that crash in ME :(

can someone suggest w3here i can get a win32 setup prog for a generic drive - i cant restore the original drivers for some reason!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
the windows it self gives the best drivers for the cd drives and such things so you will have to make windows do it .
dont try to find any drivers for it because there is no manufacturer give a driver
for a cd drive but the dos drivers only (may be for os also )
so if windows couldnt do any good for it just use any dos driver for any cd rom
and it should work fine (i tried that ). and then the windows will take it back then.
but there is only one thing you should check first at the systems bios settings ;
try to disable the DMA for the port of your cd drive and also at the device manager at the settings.
then i think it would work properly .
:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts