Next Generation Emulation banner

Do you plan on getting Windows Longhorn?

• Yes

Votes: 29 65.9%
  • No

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • I Don't fool with windows!

Votes: 3 6.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Shadow of nothing...
6,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone was planning on getting Windows Longhorn when it comes out. I do, but I'm prepared for any dissapointment though. :D

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
No idea. When the whole thing is a bit closer to finalisation, maybe I'll start thinking about it.

·
Retired
8,882 Posts
I'll probably get it a few months after release. After I see everyone else's reactions ;)

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I'll switch to it when I'll think XP is not enough for me... right now, I have no issues with XP and don't need a new OS version :/

Anyways, it will be GPU consuming cause the desktop itself will use DX9 shaders and stuff for Bill knows what :p

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Squigi63 said:
I'm the only one who has the bawlz to say "No".
No, you're the only one who doesn't want more features and added security ...

I am gonna get it. Not at launch though. Most likely I'll be getting a new PC by then with hardware to work with the OS and take advantage of the features. But that won't be for at least a year.

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
D.D. said:
i have a question. when is this supposed to launch?
When its done? Late 2006? Who knows?

I will see how the reviews are, then maybe think about it.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I will..
Espically if that new WGF is only supported by longhorn like it has said it possibly may be.
Reichfuher said:
When its done?
No way.... Microsoft always releases stuff way to early.... always full of bugs.

·
Nu...
472 Posts
I don't want it. I don't need the new features, and Microsoft's 'new security' will be as bad as on XP, which I have no problems with. Any new security will be dissected by the same people who do it to Windows XP. Besides if Longhorn includes any of Microsoft's TCPA crap, I wouldn't want to let it touch my computer. That junk is worse than using Kazaa to download viruses.

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
It's kind of early to say... I mean it's not even Beta yet. I'll wait until the RC's and the Final version to decide. If it looks good I'll probably get it when it comes out.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'll probably dual boot for a while. Then, once it becomes stable enough, I'll have that over XP most likely. I've already done some testing with it, and it seems like it'll eventually be a good OS... just needs to come into more of a beta state so it can get some drivers and support and such. Plays every game I through at it so far, though... just the gamma is a little dark in Quake III.
- Modem

·
Premium Member
3,093 Posts
Sooner or later, i'll use it. There will be a point in wich most software will need longhorn to work, so i'll end making the swap. Besides, a hw accelerated desktop can be soooooooo cute *_* . That is, unless XGL makes me definitely go Linux way.

·
Wind, Life, Eternity
1,331 Posts
XP is great so far... (seems a lot stabler with prefetcer off? oO) But there'll be a time software needs longhorn, like I-Chan said :(

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
just get it. you know you'll probably have to eventually why try to fight against the infinate need to upgrade?

·
Ride the Darkness
337 Posts
DAMN...... where the Linux ppl at oO . How about trying Linux for a change :thumb: . Linux is much better then windows :rant:. Give it a shot.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
xRockx said:
DAMN...... where the Linux ppl at oO . How about trying Linux for a change :thumb: . Linux is much better then windows :rant:. Give it a shot.

I would if it supported games,. It just doesnt have the game support the platform needs to be viable.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts