Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
why are you posting about this now? the beta has been out for months. not to mention we are mere days away from the RC release, with over 200 bugs fixed.

also..

Groups
Frequently engaging in groupchats with your friends, but tired of having to invite everyone every damn time? With the Groups feature you can do this automatically. Basically what you do when you create a Group is make a chat room and give select friends access to it. So as long as three or more people selected for the group are online they can chat in the room. Not all members are required to be present either.
No, Groups is integrated into Live Groups and shows the members of that group, as well as providing options to modify group settings.

Sounds like Mako Eyes has been asleep for a few months.

btw, you can invite all your friends to an invite by right clicking on a category title and clicking send message to category.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
I never like the backgrounds when chatting.
I hated them.

People that you are chatting with send you a flower as a background. bleh

But looking at the screenshots, it looks nice.

Btw Mako I am a David too.
Sending backgrounds is now disabled (everyone hated it)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Games menu has been removed... and instead loads in a side bar attached to the convo,... I prefer the msgplus activity launcher script anyway...

Changes from 8.x
Sharing backgrounds is removed (yay)

Changes/Fixes from Beta
Signature sounds has been removed.
Layouts has been improved
Display picture is now on left, instead of right (i prefer it this way)
Messenger Scenes can now be overriden by setting Tools > User Default Scene.
Contact Cards has been replaced with a glassy menu list.

(The ads are not present on the contact list because of APatch. i don't recommend removing the convo ad message, since this drops the tools at the bottom of the window below the task bar, if its set to autohide.)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
people abused the signature sounds with, ****ing bandwidth hogs.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Scripts icon doesn't appear anywhere,
Tabbed chats doesn't flash the tbar item when you recieve a message.
/* quick text commands don't work.
Emoticons replacer doesn't work.

You must be flipping kidding,

Kudo's to all the other teams, excluding the WLMessenger team for doing a great job with their apps,

As for the WLMessenger Team, it seems you've completely lost your rockers,

The way backgrounds worked in 9.0 dogfood, was fine, why did you have to go and screw with it, I don't want to see this big empty space of white down the left and bottom sides of the screen, when a Background image (previously) would sit nicely under all the white space. What tom foolery is this.

You're going backwards for no reason at all. By changing how it works, you've now broken a whole bunch of my larger images, because your image scaling simply Sucks, and i have all this white that i really don't want. You are supposed to be expanding the capabilities of the application, when on several accounts you have now reduced it.

The removal of sharing folders i thought was the worst hit it would take, but this is..... argh, what the heck were you thinking!, do you guys not consider, or even ask for the general consensus of your users before doing things like this, or do you seek to force half assed apps on us like the Yahoo developers did with their Messenger 9.
Indeed Squall.. indeed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts