Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Pink Poney
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is weighing in at ~25gb at the moment; I've got Vista 64 bit. The folders in the Windows one that are the largest are the winsxs, SysWOW64, and System32 folders. Is this anything to worry about?

How big is your windows folder?

·
I'm sexy and I know it!
4,935 Posts
The folder named "Windows" is currently 7.96GB - Windows 7 beta build 7000, upgraded directly from XP. Not a clean install.
Got no idea how big the Windows-folder is on my desktop, running build 7077 x64.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
none at all.

seriously, wtf do you have to install to get those folders to 21GB
i've only seen it at 13GB for most computers

·
PReP - Lizard of Reason
870 Posts
64bit vista, + swap size depending on ram-amount (if it is done that way in vista?)
+ shadow copy limit + restoration junk + temp-files from upgrading.
Maybe it is a lot of "small" stuff combined.

209 Posts
Do a disk cleanup and remove your temp files (start->all programs->accessories->system tools)

I run that every now and then, removes a few GB every few months. If you havent done it before and installed loads of stuff it will be packz0red.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
learn to read.

Yeah idk what's up...I did a disk cleanup and It barely did anything. I guess it's not an issue, my system runs fine and everything. I might want those extra GBs some day though.

·
AKA snkmad
4,030 Posts
Windows 7 RC x86, and Windows folder 9.1GB.

·
PReP - Lizard of Reason
870 Posts
There is a _big_ size difference between the x86 and 64-bit versions, due to runtimes, executables, libs (or uhm silly .dll and whatnot being larger.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.