Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I don`t know...version number? It says to me the same under Operating System in dxdiag. Althought I don`t think it`s version number as WinXP is Version 2002...

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Nope, My SP2 XP is Build 2600. It's just the build number of the OS.

·
Banned
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well isn't it the first build that was released to the public? So I assume that it is also the weakest win xp around, since well it was first so there must be something newer and better on the newer builds....

·
Registered
6,964 Posts
There is nothing different or "weaker" in the older Windows XP. They are pretty much the same chunk of software. The only difference being that the newer Windows XP comes with Service Pack 2. There is only one final build of Windows XP. 5.1.2600. Get over it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
well isn't it the first build that was released to the public? So I assume that it is also the weakest win xp around, since well it was first so there must be something newer and better on the newer builds....
First release of win xp is weakest at all. Just update to make it more vulnerable and also install spyware killer for protection against spyware. SP2 is crap for me, not worth installing it.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Please elaborate.
I used dsl connection. When Windows start there an icon at system tray (its network since the icon same like connection icon) blinking. when point my mouse over it, it said searching address or something then end up with no connectivity. Since it doin that, I have to wait.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I have SP2's firewall disabled, and those auto updates, and I have no net problems. BTW, is there anyway to get rid of that damn red-x shield?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts