Next Generation Emulation banner

Windows 7 Build 7127 leaked!

2K views 23 replies 6 participants last post by  Squall-Leonhart 
#1 ·
Came across it on a "shady" site, and I said "Pfft...freakin' fake builds binded with keyloggers and trojans!" but upon Googling it, turns out it really is true, and its part of the RTM branch which MS is working towards.

Originally posted by Windows7center
Although not many of us have just started exploring Windows 7 Release Candidate, another build has already leaked. The leaked build is 7127 and the complete build string is: 7127.0.090507.1820,
Build 7127 is part of the RTM branch. As Microsoft stated, they are in the process of RTM. For a detailed explanation on deciphering build strings, Icrontic has some good information in this article.

Windows 7 Build 7127 was distributed to TAP Gold Partners on Wednesday May 13th. The build is now leaked onto Bittorrent sites.

When downloading leaked builds, always check the hashes to ensure that you have an image that has not been tampered with. Recently, attackers pushed out fake copies of Windows 7 RC on Bittorrent to build their botnet. You can check the MD5 hash of an image by using MD5Checker (download here). The hashes are as follows:

Windows 7 Build 7127 x86 (32-bit):
7127.0.090507-1820_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULFRER_EN_DVD.iso
MD5 4045CB2A8E50B65ED9E1C2B8D6026B2F
SHA1 F2D615E674B64053D299CFA5E80B777269F0DFF2
CRC-32 F691687F

Windows 7 Build 7127 x64 (64-bit):
7127.0.090507-1820_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso
MD5 F805A6595DDC6D12956588BB0F1B9B83
SHA1 9BEB69BE3C2D113ECEB944145951A2123FBBBBF8
CRC-32 460FAD4E

As for changes, nothing other than bug fixes and improved compatibility should be expected for builds after the RC.
Source: Windows 7 Build 7127 Download Leaked | Windows 7 Center

Not at all worth downloading though, just probably some minor bug fixes here and there (as the passage says).

#2 ·
OLD NEWS!.

I was talking about it a couple of days ago, it fixes an issue with a bunch of DirectX games not working (Flight Sim, NWN2....)

#4 · (Edited)
#6 ·
I'm not scared of those ******s. Neowin is a bunch of msft pussies, but atleast they get the testing done :p

#7 ·
Ill stick with 7100 for a little longer, as i havent any issue with this build.

#10 ·
just upgrade install the frickin thing >.<

#14 ·
thats why you're supposed to format sparingly, and use quick formats instead where possible.

#19 ·
thats why you're supposed to format sparingly, and use quick formats instead where possible.
I think I've never done a "complete" format of any of my partitions, whenever I install XP I always choose the "Format partition with NTFS file system (Quick)" option xD

#20 ·
I always format my drives completely with killdisk or the format with ntfs in XP setup, not the quick one.
Last time i used the quick option the system didnt boot so i tried avoiding it..
I generally format my system every couple months with replacing OS or trying linux or something.. Is this a healthy habit?

#21 ·
I always format my drives completely with killdisk or the format with ntfs in XP setup, not the quick one.
Last time i used the quick option the system didnt boot so i tried avoiding it..
I generally format my system every couple months with replacing OS or trying linux or something.. Is this a healthy habit?
Not that healthy, though NTFS seems to be a little more harsh than ext3 because I've formatted this drive for linux countless times; and It's been formatted for Windows twice.

#22 ·
no, every time you format, you lose 1 or 2 magnetic layers.
with a zero fill its more like 3 layers,

#24 ·
a couple of zero fills is enough to get make data unrecoverable.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.