Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Sorry to sound like a complete n00b but i decided to try out the Windows 7 RC for the 1st time yesterday, i downloaded the 64-bit 7100 build straight from Microsoft. So far im quite haopy with the changes although there seems to be a strange problem running games. It appears that files from DirectX 9 are missing, as every game i try to run throws up an error asking for a d3d9_xx.dll (xx being a number) even though DirectX 11 is installed by default.

I can run the March 2009 DirectX update that seems to put these files back in, but it's bizzare that they wouldn't include these in the 1st place. Is this a known problem or have i obtained a duff version of the ISO??

Is there a better way of fixing it as the March 2009 update for DirectX must be older than the DirectX11 thats included with this OS??

Thanks

Scott

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
1. I just took DirectX updater of microsoft's site and updated.
2. No there isn't any problem or issue resulting by adding DX9 dll's to windows 7.
3. Probably its there way of saying DX11 is all that its needed and there's no need for DX9 anymore, sounds just like them.

209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. I just took DirectX updater of microsoft's site and updated.
2. No there isn't any problem or issue resulting by adding DX9 dll's to windows 7.
3. Probably its there way of saying DX11 is all that its needed and there's no need for DX9 anymore, sounds just like them.
So, kind of like when they removed the sound componant from Vista that stopped EAX from working!? Strange..

..The game i tried was Terminator Salvation, only a month old but still needs those d3d9 dll files, and im guessing it's not the only one that needs them, good move Micro$oft :thumb:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
no, 2 different things

Vista doesn't have a HAL, so Directsound3D no longer works unless wrapped to OAL.

any numbered D3D dll is a component of the managed directX framework, and is not included with any version of windows.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.