Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On many places on the internet I read that people are saying that Windows 2000 Professional is better,faster and more stable then Windows XP.Also that Windows 2000 Professional uses less RAM then Windows XP and that most of the games and programs are working faster.Also I read that Windows 2000 Professional blocks rarely then Windows XP.

Now...I honestly don't know how much of all this is true,so I would like to hear your opinion.I was using this operating system for a quite some time on my TEST COMPUTER and I loved it a LOT!The thing I liked in Windows 2000 Professional the most is that you CAN install Microsoft Visual Studio 2002,2003 and 2005 on it.Never really tryed to install version 2008 on it even thought I have it lol.I never had any problems with it...

So please make your comments on which operating system of these 2 you think it's better and why!:D

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
people are retards.

Windows XP SP3 is far more stable then 2000 fully patched nowadays

·
Registered
13,287 Posts
Not to mention Windows 2000 support is dropped this year I believe.

Plus a decent amount of programs won't run on w2k, Google Sketchup comes to mind.

You're probably right on the ram usage, but unless you have less than 512MB the difference is unnoticeable.

·
Opensource-spice
1,704 Posts
Is he being serious?

2000 if you're still running a pentium III. Honestly any Linux distro with xcfe would be lighter and more stable as you wouldn't be playing any games anyway.

Otherwise, considering your options and taste; XP or Vista if you can stand it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
people are retards.

Windows XP SP3 is far more stable then 2000 fully patched nowadays
Hey let me ask you something.Is Windows XP with SP3 much better then with SP2???I never really tryed SP3...

Bah! I run Windows XP Professional on a 550MHz P3 with 256MB RAM (upgraded from 192 :D)
ROFL you had 192 MB of RAM???:lol: LOL I remember my first laptop which had 248 MB of RAM...it wasn't even 256 xD
But seriously 256 MB of RAM sucks lol...Why don't you buy at least 512 MB of RAM???It's not so expensive anymore...
Hey by the way...are you able to play new games with 256 MB of RAM?:D

·
Registered Anime Hater
15,801 Posts
uhh....that P3 isn't my main machine :doh: (see sig for main machine specs).

Its just lying around to the side and I occasionally turn it on.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
Hey let me ask you something.Is Windows XP with SP3 much better then with SP2???I never really tryed SP3...

ROFL you had 192 MB of RAM???:lol: LOL I remember my first laptop which had 248 MB of RAM...it wasn't even 256 xD
But seriously 256 MB of RAM sucks lol...Why don't you buy at least 512 MB of RAM???It's not so expensive anymore...
Hey by the way...are you able to play new games with 256 MB of RAM?:D
Installed fresh/repair installed, SP3 is faster then SP2.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
maybe when XP was first released.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
248 MB was because 8mb was shared by the on board GPU. Don't you even now that much.
Omg lol of course I know that.I am just saying what I had many years ago...:DROFL I remember playing Half-Life 2 on it...it took me few days to come to the Elly's place:dead:

Installed fresh/repair installed, SP3 is faster then SP2.
Yeah...ehh...,but to many people it happened that after SP3 installation they were not able to boot into Windows XP...not even into the safe mode. 0_o
So I am a little bit afraid to install the SP3 xD

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
thats their own fault for having poorly kept computers

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
most of the people where it screwed up, failed to disable anti virus and os:firewalls prior to doing the installation, or had a specific malware installed which screwed up the upgrade.

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
that issue was a specific group of people, very small really.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nah I risked so many times and considering my luck every time I would risk,something would ALWAYS go wrong xD
THIS time I won't risk:DI will stick with SP2 and install SP3 after I clone my HDD.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.