Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed Win 2000 Professional. Is it me or some emus really get noticiable faster (like Kawaks, for example)? I'd like to read some comments. Thanks! ^_^

·
Registered
965 Posts
Depends on the nature of the emulators, really.

I doubt you'll see an increase in anything that uses 3D hardware, due to Win2K's poor AGP support. But ddraw stuff (like Kawaks) might see one..

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Originally posted by Death Metal
I just installed Win 2000 Professional. Is it me or some emus really get noticiable faster (like Kawaks, for example)? I'd like to read some comments. Thanks! ^_^
In some cases when U do a new reinstallation after formatting your harddisk then there seems to be faster things going on. Because the registry is clear and the drivers are sort of refreshed.But after you load your rest o the stuff the same old shit happens.......!

Ali

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by CD
Depends on the nature of the emulators, really.

I doubt you'll see an increase in anything that uses 3D hardware, due to Win2K's poor AGP support. But ddraw stuff (like Kawaks) might see one..
Yeah, that's really what happens... like, in 3D emulation there's no change at all (and some apps even stop working, like Driver... at least on my system). But graphs based on DDraw suffered a nice but sutil increase of speed...

Too bad I'll have to keep sticking with Win 98 for other reasons...

> Ali
Hmmm... that's Windows' nature. It is stuck in the OS!!

·
Bip...Bip...
970 Posts
Originally posted by Death Metal
I used W2K for more than one year now, and you're right.
On my system all the emus run faster than this shit of W98.:laser:
In W98 I noticed small breaks inside the games that I don't have inside W2K. And W2K never crashed inside any game.

The quality of the emulation under W2k depend on the quality of the hardware drivers used (Video, Sound, Pad, chipset, .....).
In my case, I prefer to play smoothly, securely and without strange things that I already read through this forum.

Finaly It's because I have no pbs at all, I don't post so much. ;)

·
I'm?
1,866 Posts
i just use win2k for about a month then i return to win98 coz almost all my application needs win98 but win2k is fast

1 - 6 of 6 Posts