Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a winamp like media player, that has the following options:

1. Support for winamp input plugins.
2. decent media library support ... that wont crash with 15000+ songs and will load quickly.
3. multiple format output plugins.

Now I was considering foobar but I have some music files in very propriatary music formats that I could only find winamp plugins for. If there is a plugin for foobar or any other program to allow for this that would be great. Or heck if someone could tell me how to strip all those usless functions from winamp that would be great. Any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Or heck if someone could tell me how to strip all those usless functions from winamp that would be great.
get winamp lite.

or, when you install winamp, just tell it not to install the crap you dont use.

which is all besides the fact that winamp is not that intensive anyway. right now im just doing my usual internet thang, and it's using 14mb of RAM and 2% CPU.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I always thought it was the case that most media players can play almost anything if the right codec is installed ... That certainly appears to be the case with wmp, can play anything I tell it to if I have the codec for it.

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Well i dont want to use winamp because its getting very bloated and slow since AOL toke over. Formats are:
mp3
wav
*aud
midi
ogg
spc
*spf
*usf
wav
wma

*'D ones I couldn't find in foobar.
Not to mention winamp now likes to crash when i try to load up the media library with my 15000+ songs. Oh and when you load winamp up with 15000+ songs it dosen't use 14mb or 2% CPU anymore. More like 100MB+ and cpu is higher like 20%+. I dont care about the memory only the cpu usage.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
it doesnt seem bloated to me...yeah i hate AOL but winamp runs just fine.

by the way, i just checked, i have 17489 items in my ML, a recheck indicates almost 15mb memory (14.9) and 4-5% CPU usage. my computer is no stronger than yours, my friend. have you tried defragmenting? maybe it's time for a reformat. i have a feeling that winamp is not the cause of your woes...

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
yup defragmented the other day and i reinstalled at christmas. maybe winamp needs to be reinstalled.

edit: toke your adive and installed winamp lite. so much better, i'm currently installing some plugins in it to gain back some functionality. Thanks :thumb: .

·
Registered
145 Posts
Loading 15000 songs into the library shouldn't increase the resource usage at all. Maybe while it is retrieving info but after that it will be normal. And besides, 15000 songs = 15000 songs whatever player you use. It will always require virtually the same resources to load info.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.