Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Well, I guess it is R.I.P for this player although I will be using it for a while. Maybe the Nullsoft team will band together under another name and build something worthwhile in the future.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Well I don't think it needs any more updates anyways. Does everything I need it to :)

·
Administrator
8,200 Posts
Razor Blade said:
Well I don't think it needs any more updates anyways. Does everything I need it to :)
exactly what i think. every good thing has to come to an end someday...
i just kinda hope AOL doesnt ruin the winamp name...:S

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
no biggy to me. Use Core Media player. it's almost just like winamp but better imho

·
Canadian Spaceman
8,767 Posts
Thats too bad, though I will continue to use it for a while atleast.

·
<font color="#990000"><b>Lurking</b></font>
9,358 Posts
I doubt I ll stop using it. It's great as it is.

Yours,
-Elly

S

·
0 Posts
the only thing it doesnt do well is some MOD formats; I use a separate player for that.

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
At least we're left with a program that does what it's intended for and much more :)

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I'll keep using it as long as AOL doesn't ruin it - which means I won't be using it for long.

At least I can use older versions. I just hope AOL doesn't kill the radio and video stations (I love shoutcast).

·
Emulation to the max!
2,560 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO. Winamp was the only player that could play all my really crazy media types like spc, mod, spf and all the other game specific ones. Without the amazing plugins what will I do?

·
Premium Member
21,977 Posts
i tried iTunes, i hated it. personal preferences, i guess.

i guess ill be using Winamp 5.05 forever now. it's not a big deal...i knew a guy that used winamp 2.6 or something until well after winamp5 came out, and he had no problems.

i hate AOL. i remember when they bought Nullsoft, i was so pissed. they turned a little (and great) company into something evil. even their site sucked after AOL bought em. well, whatever. guess i shouldnt expect 5.06 then :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
26,303 Posts
Seing as how only Winamp and Foobar play all the exotic file formats such as MPC, OGG, MOD (+etc), FLAC, APE, SPC, and the like, it's likely that most people with either stick with Winamp (like I plan to do as Foobar doesn't act like I like it to) or switch to Foobar. I don't see other players gaining too much more of a share in the geek community unless they become Winamp input compatible, or gain a lot more file support. Hell, I'd use WMP 10 if it supported MOD, SPC and MPC.

·
Emulation Junkie
828 Posts
I'll stay with Musicmatch like always....winamp kind of annoyed me anyway....to many different windows.....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts