Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen in every winXP commercial and advertisement that they are specially optimized for pentium 4 processors.Right now I work under WIN2K but what if I decide to upgrade to XP?Does it mean that my ATHLON's (1.4)performance is going to be really bad?and something else..should I upgrade to XP ?Are they going to offer me anything really good that I don't get from WIN2K? ANd I mean something else except from fancy menus and backgrounds:confused:

·
Registered
9,992 Posts
Well havuing gone from 2K to XP I have only noticed a few differences. However one of them was an increase in speed w/ my geforxe 2 MX. :) One benifit is that (almost) everything is guaranteed to work with little hassle (unlike when upgrading from 9x:p). Its hard to say.

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Originally posted by Betamax
Well havuing gone from 2K to XP I have only noticed a few differences. However one of them was an increase in speed w/ my geforxe 2 MX. :) One benifit is that (almost) everything is guaranteed to work with little hassle (unlike when upgrading from 9x:p). Its hard to say.
Yeah, Direct3D support in Windows 2000 completely blows. Windows ME is so much faster it's not even funny. Windows XP is supposed to have the gaming abilities of Windows 9x.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.