Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you repurchase games?
When game are 'rereleased' for 'newer' systems, like Super Mario Bros which was sold on the NES, SNES, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy advance, do you buy them?

For me it depends, I've bought a couple of NES games *Super Mario 2/3* for the Gameboy Advance since I have my Gameboy Player hooked up to my Gamecube and my SNES is in the closet *not enough space for all my systems :innocent: *

Anyways, I sometimes buy a game for the console and portable, it's 'rare' but it happens...

So what's the consensus? How many people will buy a game more than once? Under what conditions?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well I'm buying the Silver package of Half-Life 2 which comes with a new version of HL1 so does that count? But as a rule, I don't.

G

·
I do that sometimes, when I really like a game I already have, and I find it in another version that's a budget title....

·
Registered
833 Posts
Well i bough Ages of Empire 2 twice b/c i cracked the first one and the second one came with expansion for cheap price. If i had gameboy advance i would jump at the chance to play Super Mario 1 on the road.

·
InnarX
2,756 Posts
Unless the game that is being re-released has some spectacular updates, i.e Half-Life 1 Source, etc.. then you buy it of course. But if you have re-releases of the same game with a different package, i.e Half-Life Generations, Half-Life Game of the Year edition etc.., then why?

But, some enjoy collecting, so why complain. :)

r2rX :D

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I bought ST: Elite force twice, since I accidentally sat on the first original. :p
Of course the second purchase was ebay and cost $1.25 ....lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't know if ths counts but I'll tell it anyway. ^^
Stupid little boy that I was, I bought all 3 first Pokémon games (red, blue, yellow) :D I regret that now :rolleyes:
As for re-buying games on a newer support... I suppose it kinda depends on how much I liked the game before.

·
Premium Member
6,283 Posts
I bought Chrono Trigger twice since a friend broke my first cartridge (well, he paid the second cart :p), and I bought MGS on PSX and MGS Twin Snakes on GC, as well as MGS2 PS2 and MGS2 Substance PC :p

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
nintendo sure as hell hopes you do. why else would they go through the "trouble" of porting a bunch of NES games individually for almost the regular price of a real game?

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Samor said:
I do that sometimes, when I really like a game I already have, and I find it in another version that's a budget title....
...same here, although sometimes I'll buy the other version even if it's not a budget one (when I want something like crazy, I'm unstoppable :D).

...right now I remember that I've done this for at least 3 games I liked a lot (Elite, Wing Commander, X-Wing).
...it's a rare occasion, but yes, it can happen.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I dont ever buy released games, I trade them instead, because I got a pretty nice collection of game titles(mostly console), I just trade for whatever games I want with my friends...

·
Registered
496 Posts
I like to have a 8-10 year rule or so. If I play and beat a game, and peridocailly play it over the next 8-10 years, then yeah, I'd do it. Espically if they update the graphics, instead of having a direct port. Then it's even better. The way Nintendo's doing it nowadays, though, not a chance in hell.
- Modem

·
PS2 PAL[v9], PS3Slim PAL
5,370 Posts
I've Mortal kombat 1,2,3 for pc, for SNES, MK trilogy for pc PSX and Nintendo 64 :D (of course all bought not downloade from net)
I think I could find some more beat em up games for few systems, also I've got Metal Gear solid for PC and for PSX :D to complit my list perhaps i should open closed and search for some more :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
sights said:
...same here, although sometimes I'll buy the other version even if it's not a budget one (when I want something like crazy, I'm unstoppable :D).

...right now I remember that I've done this for at least 3 games I liked a lot (Elite, Wing Commander, X-Wing).
I totally agree with that ! :agree:

·
I've Changed
298 Posts
In a word, yes. I have and still do purchase multiple and rereleases of games that I like. Don't see any reason not to.
sx/amiga

G

·
sights said:

well, I do have both Daytona's on PC (normal and deluxe) and the DC one...
but I found all of them in the bargain bin ;)

Also have Sega Rally 2 on PC and DC...and the first on PC as well....

And I have some NFS titles in both the PC and PS versions.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Samor said:
well, I do have both Daytona's on PC (normal and deluxe) and the DC one...
but I found all of them in the bargain bin ;)

Also have Sega Rally 2 on PC and DC...and the first on PC as well....

And I have some NFS titles in both the PC and PS versions.
Whoa...you must really like racing games.

·
Transcended
1,416 Posts
Bought Guilty Gear Reload twice. One for the PS2, one for the PC. Why? For the extra movie, and two, so that I can practice when my siblings use the PS2.

As you can guess... I'm addicted to that game... :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts