Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've tried all sorts of things but nothing works. Will the portal problem with Spyro 2 and 3 pal ever be fixed with ePSXe, Here are my problems:
1) No other emulator works well with them
2) I've tried PPF patches (Tried 3 times) for the games and still no help
3) I get V.Annoying opcode errors which are driving me nuts

Is there a patch anywhere that will fix this problem :(. I've seen many of people have the same problem as me and a BETA patch has been given, but I haven't managed to get my hands on it.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,457 Posts
two questions.

do other games work with the emulater as you have it setup now?
did you happen to download your copies of spiro?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) Yep they work fine (Tomb raider 2, Bust-a-groove)

2) And no, I own them, I would feel bad downloading such brilliant games :wub:. As a matter of fact, I bought them off eBay again a couple of days ago, after my discs decided to give up.Is there any fix you know of

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, I tried ePSXe's auto-patcher which caused it to lagg so bad, possibly a frame every 5 seconds. The patch worked, but lagged, which also caused my Windows to slow to a crawl. Using the patch directly on the .IMG yielded the same results :(. I'm using ePSXe 1.6.0 with Pete's Opengl 2, ePSXes sound, and I'm using an image of the disc, since my CD-Rom doesn't want to read Playstation disks (doesn't even find them). I've heard this is a bug in the the ePSXe code so it can't be any of my settings etc

EDIT: http://www.ngemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39063&highlight=spyro

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fireblaster_lyz said:
Another emulator?
Try using PSXeven/SSSPSX.
I have tried many others, but they either just give me a black screen, have half the screen missing, or just aren't as user friendly as ePSXe. One of them I tried was PSXeven, but that just gave me a black screen and no more. Can you recommend me another one with plugins, or can I just Pete's plugins aswell :). If you could recommend me some settings aswell, I use a high end system:

AMD Athlon 64 3800+ (2.4GHZ)
2GB Dual-Channel Ram
X850XT PE 256MB PCI-Express
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is what I get with PSXEven, and it just disapears when loading the first level (which ePSXe never does). I've just put the patched Year Of The dragon with PSXEven and the patch works, but again with all the graphics glitches. Can you recommend me plugins to use. Sounds not their either.

Plugins:
Pete's OpenGL2 Driver
P.E.Op.s DSound Audio Driver
P.E.Op.s CDR Drover
N-Rage Plugin
[img=http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/8744/aughhhh8iv.th.jpg[/IMG]

The same problem occurs with the software graphics plugin (supplied with PSXEven)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
AdriPSX - Sound is garbled and black patches appear all over screen very quickly (tried the special fix)

PSXEven - Half the graphics are missing as seen in screenshots

Pcsx - Refuses to play any music. Some sounds are there, but others are not, otherwise fine. Also Year Of The dragon has no "Press start" appear.

PCSX - Music plays once you've gotten onto the memory card screen :S

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Major Update:

When using the game on my laptop with the following setup:
- Windows XP SP2
- ePSXe 1.6.0
- Spyro Three - Year Of The Dragon (PAL) (Patched with PAL PPF which works) (Image made using CDRWin in .Bin format)
- Pete's DX6 D3D Driver 1.7.6
- Petes DSound Audio Driver 1.15
- ePSXe WNTWIN2K core 1.5.2

It still crahses between the levels, but I don't get opcode errors, instead I just get "this program has encountered an error" from Windows. I know there was a patch to fix this bug, it was given out as a BETA. Someone must have it!

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
you may always want to try the OpenGL plugin too...anything to get away from the D3D plugin. also, you could try Eternal 1.41 for sound.

and please don't quadruple post. there is an edit button ;)

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
hushypushy said:
you may always want to try the OpenGL plugin too...anything to get away from the D3D plugin. also, you could try Eternal 1.41 for sound.

and please don't quadruple post. there is an edit button ;)
Kinda OT but why should he stay away from D3d plugin? I think you mentioned it in other threads as well. I'm curious what's so bad about it, because for me it works perfectly and it's way faster than OGL.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Lost-Prophet said:
Sorry for the quad post, I just had alot to say, heh! Isn't this a bug in the code though, I found in other circumstances it was a bug and could be fixed with a patch ..
AFAIK there's no post size limit. there is also no limit to the number of times you can edit a post.

cid: well i personally prefer the image quality in OGL (do a side by side test), it does look a little different. also, D3D is technically DX7 but doesnt fully support DX7 like the OGL plugin does, so it's missing a couple tidbits, the biggest thing is that D3D doesnt correctly support subtractive blending.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
fireblaster_lyz said:
All Playstation CDs has a bulit-in copy protection.
that's true, but what Lost-Prophet was referring to was the kind of protection that games like FF9 have in PAL regions.

AFAIK, no NTSC game has that sort of protection...someone feel free to correct me if i'm wrong

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
nope. copy protection would completely prevent the game from starting up (go try playing FF9 PAL or something). once you're ingame, the copy protection does nothing.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.