Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The lowest resolution my monitor have is 800x600 and SFF use 640x480 in full screen, thus running SSF will force my monitor to 640x480 (which is not supported in the display setting!).

Will running it in full screen can cause any damage to my lcd monitor? my screen refresh rate is set to 60hz.
Im no noob when it comes to emulation but this question has been bothering me... (since is more of a technical hardware question instead of an emulation related question.)

BTW this is a new monitor and i dont want to *force it* to a resolution it cant display. My previous monitor supports 640x480 but not this one...

Spec: Athlon 3200+
ATI Radeon HD 4800
Windows Vista Ultimate
I'm using the latest version of the emulator [SSF v.0.10 alpha R1]

(Bear in mind that english is not my main language but i tried my best to sound as clear as possible.)

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,507 Posts
No.

The reason 640x480 doesn't show up as an option for you to change to as a valid resolution is because you're using Vista.

640x480 is also known as VGA and is a standard supported on ALL current monitors.

BTW: Your English sounded good to me. :thumb:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No.

The reason 640x480 doesn't show up as an option for you to change to as a valid resolution is because you're using Vista.

640x480 is also known as VGA and is a standard supported on ALL current monitors.

BTW: Your English sounded good to me. :thumb:
This was the kind of answer i was looking for, thanks mate =)

Ahh so the problem was vista, i never thought of that. I installed vista as soon as i lost my older monitor (i was using win xp). After i got this new lcd monitor i felt like i wanted to reformat since i wanted to feel *fresh* with new things, and i needed to reformat because i was using win xp for like almost 3 years i think. So when i installed vista the display 640x480 was gone and it got me a bit worried.

But the worries are gone now thanks =)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Actually, 640x480 is not a default listed setting on XP as well, though the Video cards control panel in most cases can go lower(then 640x480)

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
For ATi's Control Panel, 640X480 is the lowest setting (at least with the LCD attached, since i sold my 21 CRT monitor i cant verify on a CRT one), maybe Nvidia's control panel can go lower :p
And as an answer for the op: it could even be 320X240 there's still no danger for the monitor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts