Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any chance of Sony releasing their own PSX emulator? I think there might be a chance since they bought VGS (hopefully). Then, I think emulation would be PERFECT...

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Well first of all you must be referring to a commercial product, definitely not a free one, since Sony is very commercial.

Now, selling an emulator is a very delicate matter.

first it is quite impossible to guarantee 100% compatibility (I think someone said even PS2 can't play all PS1 games).

So Connectix (VGS) and bleem had to make a big disclaimer that not all games work, and advise customers to always check their compatibility lists before buying the emulator or the game.

but even so they had to have a HUGE testing department to keep testing games, as many as they can. and do it all over again whenever a new version comes out.

You can see it isn't very profitable. So bleem! for DC is really not a dumb move. They only have to support one game instead of hundreds, and sell it for about 1/10th of the price of bleem! PC. Not to mention the inherent difference between a console and a PC software product: one versus many varieties in system specs.

Now if you are Sony looking at all these facts, would you do it? I wouldn't.

·
Registered
680 Posts
SONY is COPYING Microsoft's way in Bussiness...

They BUY their competitors (specially little software houses) just to make sure nobody stands on their way to became JUDAS of the Mllennim ... hehh heh heh

SONY and Mcrosoft is 2 piece of [censored, for future information regarding of this cencorship, please contact your local CyberWorldCrime Authority - or call 555-888-666-govcrime]

or maybe I just had enough with these two companies monopoly

·
Registered
130 Posts
ofcourse sony wont make a eu there is no money in it they only bought vgs to shut them down,

p,s, I dont know why i sayin this as it doesnt solve n e thing but sony actually did ake an eu, the very first eu for psx infact, but they dumped the project as it was too hard to get off the ground, i actually found it real funny they couldnt figure out how there own ssystem worked

·
Registered
230 Posts
The wrote and released SegaGEN for the DC... Which was a Genis emu... So anything is possible...

And not all the PSX games work with PS2, like Final Fantasy Anthogy.... And thats not really an emulated PSX, because it actually has some PSX componets inside to use with the PSX games...

·
Registered
130 Posts
um ok, the genesis emu is the biggest pile of S**T out, proves the point that sony are crap at making emus, also not al games work on ps2 because it isnt a ps1! it can run sum games off its sound processor(dunno why they out the chip there but anyway)

C

·
0 Posts
Ummm...

1. The 'Sega Smash Pack', based on Steve Snake's KGen, was written/released by Sega (duh).
2. It's not shit, it's a very accurate emulator, especially considering it's only meant to run about 10 games.

·
Registered
230 Posts
What i was sayin above is that SegaGEN was writen by sega, for the dreamcast, to play genisis games. I have it. I love it.. And it was in distrubtion untill the smash pack was announced...

And SegaGEN runs hundreds of games... (on the DC)... Maybe not perfect or at full speed, but great to tote around your whole collection to play on some one elses TV... and reminiss about simpler times..

C

·
0 Posts
'SegaGEN' is a hacked Sega Smash Pack, designed to load any game. It was never distributed by sega in this form.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts