Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if there are any tuts are there system specific that teach you how to overclock. I have so much to work with on my pc and I dont think im even grazing the surface on it yet. I have Intel 2 Core Quad Processor, 9500GS Nvidia Geforce graphics with 512 mb, 8 gb of RAM, 750 GB hardrive, and i think thats it on specs unless i forgot something which i probably did. I just want to test out how PCSX2 would run after OCing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Depends on your motherboard....

I wouldn't OC if i were you tho, you might fry your cpu.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
Just wondering if there are any tuts are there system specific that teach you how to overclock. I have so much to work with on my pc and I dont think im even grazing the surface on it yet. I have Intel 2 Core Quad Processor, 9500GS Nvidia Geforce graphics with 512 mb, 8 gb of RAM, 750 GB hardrive, and i think thats it on specs unless i forgot something which i probably did. I just want to test out how PCSX2 would run after OCing.
overclocking guides - Google Search

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
lol, just lower the clocks till the system is stable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
This might be a little late(I hope not).
You have to know that you should only overclock your CPU/GPU little by little and each time, you need to run a torture test on your computer! (-> use this Program for testing: Prime95).
Increase your Clock speed and multiplier by let's 5 and test it afterwards(the torture test should run at least 30 minutes), if it was too much, the test will give you a fatal error without frying your system. Then, you need to test around, ofc, lower both values until your system runs stable w/o error in the test, then try to increase only one setting. That way, you can get the maximum out of your system without destroying it.
Make sure that you check your CPU Temp and vent speed as well! For Intel, the maximum temp should be 60-70C and for AMD 55-70C(later one will be less stable when being over 60C!). If possible, your vent should increase it's speed to max if your CPU reaches the lower max temp limit!

But be warned! Overclocking will shorten your CPU lifetime! Also, your computer will use more electricity and it might be louder than usual. Finally, some games and programs won't work better with an overclocked system, TESIV: Oblivion is an example which might even cripple your computer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.