Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have a very powerful $4000 pc with nvida 9800gtx and all that.
But here is my pc specs

CPU: Intel petenium dual CPU E2160 @1.80ghz

Video (ugh) : Intel express 3100 chipset (yes i know this is bad but buying a video card isnt an option now.)

Memory: 2 GB

so will i'll be able to run it?

·
17 Posts
Um the games will be laggy ( the more detailed ones ), but I guess that if you turn off some graphic stuff in settings, you should be able to play the "bit older" PS2 games.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm trying to run Crash bandicoot:WOC (very old ps2 game, 3-d)

I tryed runnung it, it said to update my directx, but it takes me to the direct x 9 page.
I have directx 10.
Is it safe to install that update?

·
17 Posts
Directx9 and Directx10 are different, installed separately, you definitely need both to anything that's linked to playing. Just find the microsoft updater for directx9 and 10, install and you're safe to try the game again ( Using PCSX2 graphics with Directx10 is better than with Directx9 to be honest )

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I updated directx.

...well it works, but its soooo laggy, the audio is slo-mo and the video is also slow.
(like 30fps)

Are their some option i can use to make it faster?

Edit: also the screen shakes a bit

·
17 Posts
Yes it can be helped by special configurations. I am not at home yet, but once I get I'll take some screens of my set-up, hope it will help.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Enable speed hacks, make sure you have all the Dual core options enabled, use Native resolution under GSDX. That's about all you can do to change speed, without overclocking and/or buying a dedicated GPU.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I enabled speed hacks to the max, and set the native resolution to 1024x768.
I also enabled vu frame skipping.

The Title sequence ran at a constant 60fps.

The intro ran ok, it had a few hiccups when 2 or more characters were visible on the screen.

The actual game still runs like crap ranging from 15fps to 20fps.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.