·
Premium Member
19,572 Posts
hey,

Will this run PCSX at full speed?

8Gb 800Mhz RAM
AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core 2.6Ghz Black Edition
Nvidia 8800GTS 512Mb
don´t get me wrong buy why do you post that???? you know your hardware is good so the best way to find out if it runs at full speed or not is by trying it yourself to see if it does get full speed.

now to answer your question.... you should get full speed with most games but even if your hardware is good it doesn´t mean that every game will run at full speed. in that case use PCSX2 speed hacks to get more speed if you need them.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Sorry to say, but this is only so-so for pcsx2.
I expect most 3d games to run about 40 to 50fps with this, without any speedhacks.
If you'll want to buy new hardware, you'd better go with a core2duo e8400 atm.
Overclock that cpu to some 3.6 to 4ghz and it'll be twice as fast as the phenom.
In pcsx2 at least :p

Edit:
Due to "something" I'll start recommending core2 quadcores now. So get an e9550. :p

·
Registered
52 Posts
@ rama2 - FYI the Phenom IIs are kicking major ass in the PS2 Emulation department.
And they will overclock to 3.4~3.8ghz on air., Don't count AMD out just yet=) Intels reign will be at an end soon enough, and then a few years later it will flip back again.

@ OP - no. Raw MHZ is more important than fancy extra cores and model numbers.
Your video card will have little to no impact on performance as long as it supports whichever DirectX version you're trying to run, and the ram speed is fine. (ram AMMOUNT is less important than the speed, but either way it makes little to no difference after 2gb.)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.