Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
cpu: Intel Celeron D 356 @ 3.33ghz
ram: 1.5gb
vcard: ati readeon express 200 ( i know thats old but im buying a new one vcard soon)

dx: march 2009

ive tried to run this a couple of times and it was very slow like 4.67fps and maybe in the 9s at startup and i never even got my game to work cuz it was so slow that it crashed. can someone help me out plz? thanks alot

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
sure! if you rip every thing out and replace it all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats pretty much what im going to do, its my moms pc and the only thing she uses it for is ebay but im kinda taking over it so im slowly going to rebuild it every paycheck. but back to topic im taking that as NO. right

·
Registered
202 Posts
First of all if you can only afford one a good CPU beats a good graphics card as with PCSX2 the CPU is almost always the bottleneck.

The best CPU for PCSX2 in my opinion is the intel core 2 duo series. Make sure it is a late model that supports at least SSE4.1 for best results. Not sure if your motherboard on that computer would be compatible though. Try to get at least 2.6 Ghz and a good bus speed.

As for graphics cards I don't think the graphics card matters too much as long as it supports DirectX10 you should be fine.

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should be about to play Disgaea: Hour of Darkness at 60 fps seeing as im able too. You also should be about to play FFX PAL at 20-45 fps, full speed in some areas. KH1, KH2, KH:COM, should also run decent enough to play. I tested all those games btw on my pc. Good luck

·
Explorer of Worlds
60 Posts
My new PC is final ready and Running Emulator's quite speedy, only The GPU is an well black hole for FPS at the moment but hey PCSX2 and other Emu's don't need an good one.

AMD Phenom II 940 BE with 3000 mhz (I wonder how much it can be overclocked with my Mugen 2 cooler ^^)

4GB Ram from Corsair (means for me 3.25 Ram and the Rest is for the CPU thanks crap Windows xp 32 :p )

MSI DKA 790GX with onboard SPU and GPU with an Heatpipe over those and the Muen 2 next to them.

Well what can take such an PC cofiguration when it comes to performance you all ask.... well everything what just needs an CPU nad an really tiny gpu so that at least the resolution can be changed.

Meens PCSX2 runs double as pseedy as with my older cpu, but still don't want to take advantage of more then 1 core from my 4 ones (should't it can use at least 2 of them?) well at least it runs faster now.

Edit: Hm I wonder if it would run a little bit faster when I would use my older Nvidia 6800gt again, well at least other games should be then again playable for me lol!

So much cores that have not enough to do maybe I should try starting 2 PCSX2's, is that even posible?

Edit after testing: Hell it works! 2 Windows, both PCSX2 vesions are starting and running but only when they use two different games, that's an cool and somehow scary thing. (Hmm I still have 2 cores more that need work... whuhaha time for another run with 4 PCSX2's burn Cpu Burn! )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.