Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I'm not sure how many people have asked this question. But i want to know if my computer can run some of the popular ps2 games, particularly the Final Fantasy games. Hopefully at decent frame rates as well.

Here are my specs:
Processor Type Intel Core 2 Quad Processor Q6700
Processor Speed 2.66GHz
RAM 6144MB PC2-6400 DDR2 SDRAM
Hard Drive Speed/Capacity 750GB 7200RPM SATA
Graphics NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS
Pre-loaded Operating System Vista Home Premium 64-Bit w/ SP1

help is appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for your help.

In case you were wondering "why i didn't try this out for myself". I'm actually still looking into a good comptuer to buy. I think I may just get this one though.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
NexXxus, don't make guarantee's on anything, just because his system might appear to be able to run a game doesn't mean it can, there are alot of entwined variables that might lower performance....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Is there anything in particular I should look out for? I'm just wondering about the graphics card and processor actually, i would like it to be powerful enough to run some other pc games as well.

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
get a 9600gt then as a minimum. an 8800gt should be what your aiming in low-to mid range. or get a 8800gtx (cheap, 160 now if you know were to look :p )

·
Registered
106 Posts
You're going to need to overclock whatever processor you get really, unless you buy pre-overclocked system (usually charge a bit more money for overclocks). The Core2, and now i7 processors, all have alot more potential than intel sell as stock - and since PCSX2 is HEAVVVVVVILY CPU dependent, all that unlocked potential really is needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts