Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Or should I buy a PSP 2000 while I can find one before they disappear completely?

I'd really like to eventually get a PSP with homebrew, but I am not sure if I want to fork over the 180$ + ProDuo Card right now.

My local store has 2 old daxter bundles along with 2 old piano black PSPs left that they have had awhile. I was thinking of picking one up to get it homebrewed... but I am not sure like I said.

Will the 3000 eventually get homebrew capable? What is stopping it from doing homebrew right now and playing my collection of PS1 games? Also Id love to put any PSP games I bought on the ProDuo card for ease of travel ect..

Thanks in advance.

Also how do you know if a PSP is modable with hombrew? I've heard that some 2000 models are not modable.

Mostly I want to know if I don't jump on the bandwagon now am I screwed in the future

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No one knows, if I remember correctly, the changes in the pre-IPL make it quite difficult to create any type of open firmware. Just buy it, and play with commercial games, like most people do.

Good friend of mine told me its not worth it without CFW.

How do you know if a PSP 2000 can do CFW? What are the signs? What makes it not able to?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
I haven't screwed around with my PSP for quite some time. I have a PSP 1000 and back then, the ones with TA-082 motherboards couldn't do homebrew. That's not a problem anymore, but the thing you had to look for was the serial number located behind the battery.

Some models you could tell by the part number on the retail box. Use google to find which PSP 2000s those happen to be...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
(...) I am curious if they ever do it
It seems you've problems to read, or understand, I can't say which one exactly. Quoting myself:

No one knows, if I remember correctly, the changes in the pre-IPL make it quite difficult to create any type of open firmware. Just buy it, and play with commercial games, like most people do.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up getting a 2000 model today. the screen is not as bright but honestly I only play at home in the dark so it doesnt matter lol.

It was one of 2 2000s they had left. 3.8 firmware. Next to some daxter bundles.

The first one I got had a funky Analog nub, it made this creeking noise as I moved in around in circles like it was off center. But I exchanged it and my current one rocks.

Now if I could just get the darn screen protector on without air bubbles=/

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
Yeah I made a big mistake by not buying a screen protector since day one.

This things get scratches by blowing air on it. :D

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,571 Posts
I never bought a screen protector. Instead I bought a protective case. It's made by Intec and Walmart used to sell them.

No scratches here.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.