Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
something tells me this isn't really the way it should be... so i take it there's no way to REALLY emulate the guncon for epsxe. i dont want the game to think i'm playing with a mouse i want the guncon to work how it supposed to...

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
i dont see why you dont want guncon not to work as a mouse, thats how it works on psx technically, it just gives an illusion that you are shooting the screen when you are moving an invisible cursor with the gun so i dont see what is your complaint especially when it means it works with everything including mame since it is working as a mouse

also the game under epsxe will think the mouse as a real guncon otherwise this method wouldnt have been suggested, so you can setup a mouse as a guncon and its beeter to support the mouse instead since guncon and many other guns that can work as a mouse will work with epsxe

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
but here's the problem. in epsxe whenever i select g con 45 (SLEH-0007) and use the mouse as a guncon it seems inaccurate and glitchy. but when i select the digital/mouse (SCPH-1090) it works much better. and a different cursor/crosshair is shown... also when in g con 45 mode. the crosshair/cursor was the same one in both games i tried. elemental gearbolt and project horned owl. should those games display the same crosshair?

so my next important question is this... did the ps1 have a mouse? is the mouse crosshair not true to the g con experience... also why the glitchiness in gcon 45 mode.. try it out (if you have any gun games)

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
you need the mousefix build i think.

try this

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
it just modifies how some mouse stuff is read.... also makes guncon work properly iirc.

the Gcon45 requires a specific gcon converter iirc, so if the mouse mode works better for you, best use that.

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
im not sure, i haven't had a gcon for years D:

·
Banned
23,263 Posts
no, the gcon45 is the PSX revision.

·
twentyninetyseven
602 Posts
seems now fixed - the link has been removed at the guncon2PC site level as follows:

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.