Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A geforce mx4 64mb? If it will what plugins should I get, because with...

spuEternal(l).dll, cdrPeops.dll, and gpuPeteOpenGl.dll. All I get is a black screen. So far I have only tried playing tenchu (once with the disc and once with a iso I created) and Tekken 3.

And whats with all this "delete me" and "punch me" files?

Also, is the reason this is so much more complicated than a n64 emulator because the ps1 used cd's instead of cartridges?

· Registered
6,829 Posts
Well, try more games :) Maybe your disc is scratched and your drive is not reading it.
For me it runs very well with that card. I can play all the games I want with it, with no problems. But be sure to have good drivers for it (52.xx series, or even the 81.95 - they may help)
Try using Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.76, it will play the game with good graphics.
Anyways, here's my configs for this plugin:

Plugin: Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.1.76
Author: Pete Bernert
Card vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
GFX card: GeForce4 MX 4000/PCI/SSE2

Resolution/Color:
- 1024x768 Fullscreen - NO desktop changing [32 Bit]
- Keep psx aspect ratio: off

Textures:
- R8G8B8A8
- Filtering: 0
- Hi-Res textures: 1
- VRam size: 64 MBytes

Framerate:
- FPS limitation: on
- Frame skipping: off
- FPS limit: Auto

Compatibility:
- Offscreen drawing: 3
- Framebuffer texture: 1
- Framebuffer access: 0
- Alpha multipass: on
- Mask bit: on
- Advanced blending: on

Misc:
- Scanlines: off
- Line mode: off
- Unfiltered FB: off
- 15 bit FB: off
- Dithering: off
- Screen smoothing: off
- Screen cushion: off
- Game fixes: off [00000000]

As for those files, just erase'em from the folder. :)

· Coffee Demon
2,916 Posts
Indeed...
We have run ePSXe with a 16meg Voodoo 3, 32meg nVidia TNT, and truthfully we have run ePSXe for over a year with a Geforce 4 MX PCI 64meg. Pete's OpenGL worked best. We suggest looking over all the documentation and checking your discs.

oh..and the "delete me" and "punch me" files are not only for humor...They are sort of place fillers till you replace them with memcard files and the like...After all ..something has to be in the folder before its packaged and shipped ;)

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it working by putting it in my dvd drive. Now I just need to figure out how to work my dual action gamepad. Oh, and is there a program I can use to convert my games to iso's? Or is that illegal?

· !!!METAL UNCLE!!!
1,951 Posts
tekkenlaw said:
I got it working by putting it in my dvd drive. Now I just need to figure out how to work my dual action gamepad. Oh, and is there a program I can use to convert my games to iso's? Or is that illegal?
No, they are 100% legal. Alcohol 120% is great program for that.

· Registered
145 Posts
Yes an ISO is 100% legal if it is made from a media you already own. It only becomes illegal to have an ISO if it is ripped from rented/borrowed media or it is downloaded from the web.

· Registered
7 Posts
hi i can't get ePSXe to work every time i start a game from a cd or a image file a black screen comes up and does nothing i have GeForce4 MX 420 the pal bios scph 7502 and use the plugins gpuPeteOpenGL2.dll, spuPeopsDSound.dll, cdrPeops.dll/cdrmooby2.dll CAN ANY OF YOU PLEASE HELP ME.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Use the OGL plugin instead of the OGL2 because the GF4mx doesn't support pixel shaders by my knowledge.

· Some Scottish Guy
4,340 Posts
Cid Highwind said:
Use the OGL plugin instead of the OGL2 because the GF4mx doesn't support pixel shaders by my knowledge.
I wouldn't even use the OGL plugin. I used to use ePSXe with my "teh l33t" MX440 64mb.

I'd stick with Pete's DX6 plugin.

You'll find better solutions if you just play around with the plugin(s) first (especially the compatibility options) than post here. If you experiment with everything you might save time later. But if all else fails then post.

Most problems (I'd say) come from dodgy or ill-made ISO files. Make sure you get a good rip. I use ISO Producer and Pete's CD plugin and it works wonders.

· The Hunter
17,202 Posts
Oh it should work just fine with either the regular D3d or OGL plugin, as those worked fine for my TNT2 as well.

Rockyseen, can you please specify your other pc hardware (cpu, amount of ram)? And post the configuration of your gpu, this will help us a lot :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.