Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the subject names the cluprit........I mean the question.!
Okay we have had enough with bleem,actually I don't know about we but I must say that I have had enough with Bleem.Well we no I used to call it a dead emulator.Now bleem 1.6 is coming so what do u think guys,will it Kick ASS.

Ass whose ASS........I mean the asses of other emus.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
Debatible. I think I'll wait and see... Then again I doubt that it will be able to play most of the more recent games.

S

·
0 Posts
I agree w/Betamax, I doubt that Bleem 1.6 will be able to handle the lastest games. It was developed and shelved over a year ago.
As to kicking "ass", I doubt that too. I don't think there is any way it is going to compete w/ePSXe, Adripsx, or even VGS. It had it's chance and Randy blew it, BIG TIME!! I'll pick it up when it is released, but just as a curiosity, nothing more.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

151 Posts
well I guess it'll still be good for low-end computers, an update is an update, still is good for all those who bought it (like me). I don't think it'll work for win2k though.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
The new Bleem! will probably kick about as much as as VGS, which it seems to me some people like, but me on the other hand, I can't stand it.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I'm not going expect much from bleem 1.6 either. As far as we know this update may only add 4 or 5 games to the compatalbility list. I think(and hope) it'll help a few more games than that though.

K

·
0 Posts
Please remember bleem! version 1.6 was in it's peak development when VGS first came out (man that was a long time ago) ... so the odds of it kicking ass are pretty slim. I will say this ... you never know if Rand did anymore work on it as of late ... you just never know what to expect!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wormie, what gender are you?

I didn't hear anything until now, but there's no way it can compete, unless it was worked on as a hobby, but it wouldn't make sense that way.

·
old-timer
1,330 Posts
lol

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here comes what I think.
If we notice,bleem has released about 9 to 10 versions,and one thing that I notice is that there is not a big deal of difference between all of these.For example.Bleem 1.4 and Bleem 1.5b are almost the same.Moreover the compatability of Bleem 1.4 is greater as compared to Bleem 1.5b.Lets take another example.Mission Impossible,Grandtrismo2,Need for speed V do run on Bleem 1.4 but they are not compatable on Bleem 1.5b.

So the Bleem 1.6 will not be a too big upgrade....so I think Bleem will not Kick ass instead it will get it's ass kicked.I am not expecting anything fromthis new release.

Ali

S

·
0 Posts
I just hope it will have those speed issues solved.
Really, for me that's the only thing they have to do; it would make tons of games playable.

...maybe that's it...maybe they didn't release it a year ago because they fixed up the speed issues but it was too slow for most systems out there back then?

C

·
0 Posts
1.6 is just a touched up old beta, there won't be much new besides THPS, GT2, and Tomb Raider working properly (perfectly?)..

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by CDBuRnOuT
1.6 is just a touched up old beta, there won't be much new besides THPS, GT2, and Tomb Raider working properly (perfectly?)..
Well I guess that there is ntohing to expect too much from 1.6

·
War Games coder
1,926 Posts
I may download it, but I'm not sure it's even worth digging my Bleem! CD out from under my coffee cup...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Hmmm,
If they're not working on it at all then why isn't it out yet? Maybe they're just putting on some finishing touches that never got taken care of before.

S

·
0 Posts
Why isn't it out yet? Announce it, let everyone wait for a bit. The anticapation builds, it comes out, everyone grabs it. Also bleem! has it's few moments in the "sun", again, this way. As I said before "I will never forgive or forget what bleem! did to it's loyal PC users or the way that it was done." In my eyes that was and always will be totally wrong.
sincereyly,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Rrrrrggggggghhhhh!!!!:mad:
Bleem doesn't deserve any "moments in the sun". To me this is too little too late. I'm not even going to waste my time downloading it and trying my games on it unless I hear from these boards that its outstanding, which will never happen. I think water has a better chance of freezing in hell.

·
Super Moderator
6,283 Posts
Will Bleem! 1.6 kick ass?

My answer:

No.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I think we better wait for it...if it released than try it...start a new thread and discuss...don't afraid of trying new thing!!!

·
CoLD InSiDE
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by hoyoyo80
I think we better wait for it...if it released than try it...start a new thread and discuss...don't afraid of trying new thing!!!
good advise

1 - 20 of 31 Posts