Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks,

I also whent to this website, Newegg.com - PNY VCG84512SPEB GeForce 8400 GS 512MB 64-bit GDDR2 PCI Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Is they a problem with onbord graphic chip sets?, The man sed

Other Thoughts: Successfully installed on my Dell Dimension 2400 without too much pain. I had to disable the onboard video card. Before disabling the onboard video, the screen would display fine during the boot sequence, then the screen would be blank.

Has he done somthink wrong?, Are do you need a cable 4 this?, Chears

·
Premium Member
8,586 Posts
Is they a problem with onbord graphic chip sets?, The man sed

Other Thoughts: Successfully installed on my Dell Dimension 2400 without too much pain. I had to disable the onboard video card. Before disabling the onboard video, the screen would display fine during the boot sequence, then the screen would be blank.

Has he done somthink wrong?, Are do you need a cable 4 this?, Chears
Windows will normally boot to the primary video card it last used which would be your onboard. If you took the VGA from the new discrete GPU and plugged it back on the onboard output, you would see windows load.

Disabling the onboard is the recommended thing to do unless you need to use it for some reason.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys!

One last thing

Shader Model 4.0 dose that mean pixal shader?

It say directX10 will it work on dirextX9?

You are correct. The memory bits on the GPU RAM has nothing to do with your operating system. It will work, but probably run like a snail most of the time.
Do you mean with your games like resident evil 4?, Are will it be worse then my onbord chip set graphics card lol?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Windows will normally boot to the primary video card it last used which would be your onboard. If you took the VGA from the new discrete GPU and plugged it back on the onboard output, you would see windows load.

Disabling the onboard is the recommended thing to do unless you need to use it for some reason.
Is that what the DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter is 4?, to link VGA to DVI and from the card avg to the monter?,

·
ヒット激しく速く
19,429 Posts
Thanks guys!

One last thing

Shader Model 4.0 dose that mean pixal shader?

It say directX10 will it work on dirextX9?

Do you mean with your games like resident evil 4?, Are will it be worse then my onbord chip set graphics card lol?
1. Yes it refers to pixel shader
2. yes it will work with DX9
3.Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100236L Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards a poor X1550 does double the points of a 8400GS i would recommend that Saphire 3650 more if your on a tight budget.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1. Yes it refers to pixel shader
2. yes it will work with DX9
3.Newegg.com - SAPPHIRE 100236L Radeon HD 3650 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards a poor X1550 does double the points of a 8400GS i would recommend that Saphire 3650 more if your on a tight budget.
My budget is quite good at the moment!, I just down't have a PCI Express slot in my pc... The price is not realy a problem, Chears!

My over qwestion was, Is that what the DVI to VGA/D-sub Adapter is 4?, to link div to vga to the video card and from the video card avg to the monter?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All i real whanted to know will it improve my older games like resident evil 4?, And some emulation?, My voodoo 2 card work well with the project64 games, Would it be an imporvement?, I was not asking to run a topest game gowing lol!

·
Registered
75 Posts
All i real whanted to know will it improve my older games like resident evil 4?, And some emulation?, My voodoo 2 card work well with the project64 games, Would it be an imporvement?, I was not asking to run a topest game gowing lol!
The GeForce FX5200 is very weak and old in every way compared to GeForce 8400 GS. The GeForce 8400 GS is faster than it and has better driver support than FX5200. And yes, it will improve the emulation process but you should take the processor on account too. It should be enough for PSX, N64 emulation but not for PS2 emulation no matter what kind of graphics card you buy because you're willing to use the PCI slot (and you have to use a fast modern processor too).

Does your computer has an AGP slot?

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The GeForce FX5200 is very weak and old in every way compared to GeForce 8400 GS. The GeForce 8400 GS is faster than it and has better driver support than FX5200. And yes, it will improve the emulation process but you should take the processor on account too. It should be enough for PSX, N64 emulation but not for PS2 emulation no matter what kind of graphics card you buy because you're willing to use the PCI slot (and you have to use a fast modern processor too).

Does your computer has an AGP slot?
No AGP slot in my pc

How fast dose your processor have to be?, Mine is 2.4GZ.. No cores

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ok my bro has placed in a order 4 me, Hope it works better then my onbord intel chip set, Hopefully?

Am biting my nails off lol.... £40 nicker yikes!...

Ops, It says Intel Pentium 4 Prescott class processor!, Mine is intel(R) pentium 4 (R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz... Would it still work?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ok my bro has placed in a order 4 me, Hope it works better then my onbord intel chip set, Hopefully?

Am biting my nails off lol.... £40 nicker yikes!...

Ops, It says Intel Pentium 4 Prescott class processor!, Mine is intel(R) pentium 4 (R) 4 CPU 2.40GHz... Would it still work?
As BigIg said:
Yeah it's fine. You will also get the advantage of good drivers for your graphics cards. Intel's drivers sucks. Since you're going to use a nVidia card then it is recommend to use OpenGL for video with PSX/N64 emulators.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
I bought a 1gb DDR ram 184 pin 4 my pc, when i put it in my pc, it started to boot but befor it got to bios it cut off... when i placed my original ram it did boot, the ram fits, Did i buy a bad ram stick or dose it have to be very pacific type?

Thanks 4 all your help!

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Well you need to make sure you have a type of RAM your motherboard supports, since it's a pentium 4 board I'm pretty sure it'd be DDR. There are other factors such as ram voltages that you need to make sure are correct.

There is also a possibility that your motherboard only supports 512MB per slot.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.