Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok to get started.... I have been using this Emu (epsxe) to play FFIX, GT2, NHL Faceoff 2000, Warzone 2100, Abes Exoddus, WWF Warzone, and many many others. Not to mention all of those Demo Discs you get when you bought Playstation Magazine.

My Point..... I Own all these games. NTSC (just for clarification) and I can run them either off the disc or from a .Bin (using Isobuster) and they all play phenominally well. (with minor video tweaks). I don't use my PSX anymore as it won't even load up anymore, and it would be cheaper to by a new one than to fix the existing one

My PC is a 566 Celeron, 512 Ram, Voodoo3 3000, SBlive Platinum 5.1, LG CD-RW CED 8080b, hammerhead FX joypad. I buy my games in Canada, so I am using the 1001 Bios.
the only plugin I use is Lewpy's 3Dfx Glide, and the rest are EpsxE's core (default) plugs.

OK so when I try Wild Arms 2, it Freezes or locks up right after "Media.Vision" logo. actually the logo tries to fade, but only fades about 95% as you can still barely see it, and thats it.:mad:

i've perused the forums, the faq, other sites, tried it both ISO and off the original Cd, tried pressing f4 and f7, and i'm pretty much stuck.:eyes:

Is this maybe something to do with the movie? if I need to do the Mdec or whatever fix that is, could someone please be kind enough to explain how to do it, or if i'm missing something else?

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Does that happens every time u play the game? Cause that fade error happens to me when I play FFVIII but only sometimes! Anyway if u want to disable the MDECs just use the -nomdec command line! Use it in the ePSXe cutor. Or if u don't have it just use a DOS window to run ePSXe and type epsxe -nomdec

Hope this can help u :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
re: -nomdec

well I tried the -nomdec in a dos window, from the start, run menu and adding it to the shortcut.

NO GO.....:mad: ......:eyes: ........:confused:

i'll have to do a search for the 7502 bios, also every bit of info i found said that when adding a para to the commandline (-nomdec) etc, that the bios will load up first as the actuall PSX does, but for me this does not happen. is this because i'm running it from an ISO ?

i'm trying to fing this epsxe cutor thing as well.

thanx for the info

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok I figured it out.....

in order to get this working i did this.....

1. changed to the 7502 bios.
2. diable cd rom status in the cd rom config.

changing just the bios alone didn't do it. Thanx for all your help

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Re: ok I figured it out.....

Originally posted by baalzeebul
in order to get this working i did this.....

1. changed to the 7502 bios.
2. diable cd rom status in the cd rom config.

changing just the bios alone didn't do it. Thanx for all your help

Any time! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts