Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everytime I try to run Wild Arms 2, it hangs up at the MediaVision screen. I've searched the forums and tried their suggestions, but so far nothing has worked. I've tried all of pete's gpu plugins. I've tried the core cd-rom plugin and pete's cdrom plugin. I've tried it on the 7502 and the 1001 bios. Still, no luck. Help Please!

Specs:
P4 1.3Ghz
128mb ram
32mb NVidia Riva TNT2 M64 AGP card
NEC NR-7700A CDR drive

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
Hmm... this is very strange. WA2 runs fine in my system. These are my specs : CPU: P3 800 Mhz, VGA: TNT2 Ultra AGP, CD-ROM: Hitachi 8435.
I used the following plugins: Pete's OGL for graphics (although Pete's Soft works better) ePSXe internal SPU for sound, and TSGMSCDEX for cd-rom (but the internal one & Pete's, also work).
I used the 1001 bios. My disks (US-NTSC) are copies, with a "paradox" splash screen :eek:

Because our VGA cards are similar, I suspect that the problem may reside in that cd-rom drive of yours (or is it a cd-recorder ?). I have noticed that right after the mediavision logo is displayed, the cd-rom is accessing and you get the game's main screen. Try to notice the light of your cd-rom right after the mediavision logo... does it even try to access the disk ? Does it access the disk briefly and then freeze ?
Try to un-check the "accurate cd-rom timing" and "disable cd-rom status" options in case they are checked.
If all else fails restart your computer (it helps !) and then try EVERY cdr plugin you can get your hands on...

S

·
0 Posts
Also try pressing F4. As I seem to recall, that game would hang at the Mediavision Screen until F4 was pressed. You can try Sights tips, but beware, he is using an illegal copy (Paradox) and what may work for him might not work for you.
Sights, no more talk about illegal copies here. Even to help someone else. It is against the rules and Bobbi's wishes as well.
sincerely,
sx/amiga
P.S. The only reason I am leaving this thread open is so that Quoth_The_Raven can continue to receive help (the leagal kind) and hopefully resolve his problem. If not for that, I would close this thread now.

·
space trader
1,803 Posts
A thousand apologies for my mistake sxamiga. Never meant to cause trouble - it'll never happen again !! - thanks for the reminder !!

S

·
0 Posts
No problem sights. I hate to be like this, but Bobbi mentioned that Nintendo and Sony were keeping an eye on PSXEMU.com You know what that could mean, one slip and bye bye. Thanks for being so understanding.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

1 - 6 of 6 Posts