Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While testing "BING" I came across a Wikipedia article -> PSXeven - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia about the emulator. I didn't mind at first, but there's just too much incorrect information written.

1. "Development of PSXeven initiated at late 2001 with very high expectations from the gaming community" - Very little people actually knew of the project, so not a lot of people were expecting anything :D

2. "The whole project was developed by Xeven, and was developed by PSXemu's source code" - So he read the PSXeven source code now did he? oO

3. "This first release gave upon negative critical feedback" - Say what? :lol:

4. "It was the most compatible emulator build, until the latest version of ePSXe was released at March 2008" - I doubt it ever was the "most compatible emulator build". I'm happy it actually runs anything at all.

5. "Due to "family problems" and education, Xeven had to cease all development regarding PSXeven" - I got married, I wouldn't exactly call that a "family problem". And I have no problems with "education", thank you very much :evil:

6. "Xeven has cited he will never return to developing nor releasing PSXeven" - Where the heck did that information come from? :???:

7. "he released a plugin which uses cel-shaders for games with a comic style graphic engine" - Uhh... WTF? :heh:

I had to re-read the whole damn thing to reassure myself the article was actually about PSXeven :D :p:p:p

·
Premium Member
18,905 Posts
Wikipedia is cluterred with unsourced information. No wonder inaccuracies are aplenty there (youd think at least people really more versed into emulation would edit pages there, rather than post misinformation and innacuracies).

Upon finishing the re-coded project, he released it as a beta, for pre-cautionary reasons. This was in-turn proven to be un-necessary, as the second version turned out to be the best running PlayStation emulator at the time.
PSXeven has been cited as one of the best PlayStation emulators, jumpstarting rookie developers to start on their own PlayStation emulation releated releases
If your computer reaches those requirements, PSXeven will roughly play any PlayStation game with a speed ratio of 60%.
PSXeven is still widely used because of its large promotional scheme, which upheld banners throughout all popular emulation websites,

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
6,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but that's just TOO MUCH misinformation :lol:

OT: Hawaii? Miss that place... stayed at the Caltech Submillimeter Observatory at Mauna Kea for 2 months last year :D Id be up at 13500 feet the whole day and when I got bored I'd just go down the mountain going Kona side and go to Hapuna or something :thumb:

·
Banned
35,081 Posts
OMFG, its Xeven!!! D:

*updates Wiki*

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.