Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
i hope thats what it means...it would be much better than using xpadder or a program like that

·
Registered
379 Posts
it would be overkill.
simulating the wiimote with a keyboard or even a pad is just pointless and just too complicated to be used imho..
Also, a bluetooth dongle to use your wiimote with Dolphin, here in France cost ~8€ if you don't already have one, so it's quite cheap then you just have to connect your wiimote to it, et voila :D

btw, if you don't have a wiimote, then you shouldn't be using Dolphin to play wii games in the first place :p

·
Registered SuperKyo
3,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it would be overkill.
simulating the wiimote with a keyboard or even a pad is just pointless and just too complicated to be used imho..
Also, a bluetooth dongle to use your wiimote with Dolphin, here in France cost ~8€ if you don't already have one, so it's quite cheap then you just have to connect your wiimote to it, et voila :D

btw, if you don't have a wiimote, then you shouldn't be using Dolphin to play wii games in the first place :p
For many users it will be useful. As for me: my wiimote is broken at the moment and soon i will get a chance to play it with gamepad. It is more comfortable than keyboard.

·
Registered
378 Posts
For many users it will be useful. As for me: my wiimote is broken at the moment and soon i will get a chance to play it with gamepad. It is more comfortable than keyboard.
I'm sorry about that, I hope I didn't cause that problem. But just to be sure, you should check both Connect Real Wiimote and Use Real Wiimote to use the real Wiimote without problems. You can try to change back and forth between the real and emulated Wiimote but that is not fully supported yet.

i hope thats what it means...it would be much better than using xpadder or a program like that
I actually don't agree completely with that. In fact I always use keyboard input for the digital buttons so I can have game specific configurations in XPadder. I have that for lots of games for several different emulators and platforms, it's very convenient in my view. I find that I often want to map the keys differently in different games, and if I have a pad with more buttons than what the original controls had I have more options to add things like turbo buttons and so on.

But I am concernced about the analog input, I want that to be accurate and predictable, that's why I plan to add the same analog status to the Wiimote and the same calibration options that I added for nJoy. I also plan to add an option to remap the keys. For example, currently in Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles the nunchuck stick controls is inconveniently placed to the right on the keyboard (on the numpad), if I could place it at AWSD on the keyboard that would be much more convenient (the Nunchuck stick is used for looking around while playing). It should be done by tomorrow.

BTW, does it mean that Dolphin will play multiple wiimotes? You can take a look at the picture: all controllers from 1st to 4th have option "Ues Real Wiimote". What do you think?
Unfortunately I don't have any ideas about how to add multiple Wiimote input at the moment. But it's better to configure the GUI for it right away since it will happen at some point.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Unfortunately I don't have any ideas about how to add multiple Wiimote input at the moment. But it's better to configure the GUI for it right away since it will happen at some point.
Nice! Thx for your work, it sure is appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wiimote

Hi, i'm new here and was wondering why the Wiimote plugin is not showing in the Plugins config but the rest are (obv I have checked I have the plugin) and I read somewhere about connecting a Wii Remote to PC via Bluetooth which I have built in my Laptop, so if i bought a remote would I beable to use it?

Thanks

EDIT: Wiimote plugin now showing :S :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, i'm new here and was wondering why the Wiimote plugin is not showing in the Plugins config but the rest are (obv I have checked I have the plugin) and I read somewhere about connecting a Wii Remote to PC via Bluetooth which I have built in my Laptop, so if i bought a remote would I beable to use it?

Thanks

EDIT: Wiimote plugin now showing :S :)
how'd u make the plugin show?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts