Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the aim isnt accurate. If i put my wireless bar below the tv the cursor will be above where im pointing the wiimote, if i put the wireless bar on top of the tv the cursor will be below where im pointing the wiimote.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,532 Posts
No. Some games account somewhat more accurately for the infrared light bar's location better than others. It also helps if you are 2-3 meters away from the light bar.

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,532 Posts
Also, just for posterity, games that use the Wiimote like a lightgun were absolutely awful. I think this was because the devs of these games had the idea to make these sorts of games without understanding the difference between actual lightguns and the Wiimote's relative positional aiming, using the lightbar as a real-world reference point to judge aim and distance. This is also why most Wii games use a cursor; because the aiming isn't 1:1 accurate.

For other users that may stumble across this thread via Google or some other search engine:

^Be sure to set the 'Sensor Bar' position. (It doesn't actually sense anything. It just emits infrared light that the infrared camera in the Wiimote picks up.) Placing the light bar opposite of what is set in Dolphin's (or a real Wii's) settings will also cause aiming to be way off.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Also, just for posterity, games that use the Wiimote like a lightgun were absolutely awful. I think this was because the devs of these games had the idea to make these sorts of games without understanding the difference between actual lightguns and the Wiimote's relative positional aiming, using the lightbar as a real-world reference point to judge aim and distance. This is also why most Wii games use a cursor; because the aiming isn't 1:1 accurate.

For other users that may stumble across this thread via Google or some other search engine:

^Be sure to set the 'Sensor Bar' position. (It doesn't actually sense anything. It just emits infrared light that the infrared camera in the Wiimote picks up.) Placing the light bar opposite of what is set in Dolphin's (or a real Wii's) settings will also cause aiming to be way off.
Ah thats why it has some accuracy problems. It's horrible in the Resident Evil games. I can confirm its good in Link's Crossbow Training.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I avoid games that require a Wiimote on Dolphin for the very reason suggested by the OP.

Reactions: epsxefan2001

·
Registered
99 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts