Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Regular use

To avoid any potential problems (specifically problems from the dual mode option mentioned below) with the Wii Remote Plugin make sure that you have unchecked both "Connect real Wiimote" and "Use real Wiimote" in the Real Wiimote settings when you want to use the emulated wiimote. And make sure both are checked when you want to use the real wiimote. These either-or modes should almost always work. The only problem I have heard of with them is that the game may sometimes disconnect when you are using the real wiimote. But that may be an issue with the core, and I have not tried to trace the cause of it. The only times I have managed to cause the disconnet message is when the game have been waiting for a 0x22 acknowledgement report and I have not sent one for 5 or 10 seconds. I don't know why this would happen during regular gameplay, and it would probably be hard to trace the bug if we can't find a way to reproduce the error.

Dual mode (switch between the real and the emulated Wiimote during gameplay)

You can switch back and forth between the emulated and the real wiimote during gameplay by checking and unchecking the "Use real Wiimote" checkbox during gameplay. This works most of the time, but sometimes when you switch to the real Wiimote it may result in a disconnection that can currently not be fixed by any other mean than restarting the game.

This is a list of the settings that are currently shared or not shared:

• :thumb: Data reporting mode: When switching to the real wiimote, if it doesn't use the correct data reporting mode it should be changed to the correct one (that the emulated wiimote use). However, this may fail, I think it may be because I don't turn of the regular wiiuse_io_read() and wiiuse_io_write() functions while I tell Wiiuse to do the status change, so that it gets swamped somehow. You can try changing back and forth between the real and emulated wiimote (by checking and unhecking the "Use real Wiimote" checkbox) if there is a problem with the input.
  • :thumb: Wiimote accelerometer calibration: This is shared by copying the first 42 byte of the Wiimote Eeprom to the emulated Wiimote eeprom when a connection to the real wiimote is done.
  • :thumb: Extension accelerometer and analog stick calibration: The calibration bytes in the extension registry between 0x20 and 0x40 are shared when a real wiimote is avaliable. When a third party Wireless Nunchuck is used we use default values instead. When switching to the real Wiimote during gameplay we make sure third party Wireless Nunchucks are working, and that the right reporting mode is set, by sending a 0x20 status report to the game. This will make sure that we also use the same encryption key for the emulated and the real Wiimote.
Movement recording

You can now record Wiimote movements in the Real Wiimote configuration window. Here's how to use it:

• Record: Press one of the recording buttons under "Rec.", then hold A and record your movement, release A to stop the recording (this will also save it to the WiimoteMovement.ini file). To be able to make a recording you must first have unchecked "Use real Wiimote" and pressed '+' on the Wiimote (to enable the regular status readings from the Wiimote).
  • Playback: Select a HotKey from 0 to 9, these numbers refer to the regular numerical keys on your keyboard. There are three boxes with numerical HotKeys, from left to right they are for Wiimote movements, Nunchuck movements and IR data. To play back the Wiimote accelerometer values press the optional switch key and the selected numerical key, for example Shift + 5. You must have unchecked the "Use real Wiimote" checkbox for the playback to work (they will not interrupt the real wiimote data reports).
  • IR: The IR boxes under "Movement recording" in the Configuration window shows the type of IR data that was recorded. The values 12 will be shown if it's recoded without a concected extension, the value 10 is from a recording with a connected extension. You can not play back a 10 recording when the game is currently using 12 or vice versa, you will not see that it didn't work in any other way than that the cursor didn't move. If you have checked the "Nunchuck connected" or "Classic Controller" connected boxes the emulated Wiimote is using th 10 bytes reporting mode and 12 bytes recordings will not work, and vice versa.
  • Playback speed: Simply put, low values will play back the recording slower, and high values will play it back faster. The value 100 should be the "regular" playback speed, but I don't know what that is yet because I have not figured out exactly how fast the Data Reports are sent to the Wii. I have noticed that the updates are related to the current FPS of a game (you can see the current update rate under "Update rate" in the Wii Remote Configuration window in the Real Wiimote tab during gameplay), for example Wii Sports had an update rate of around twice the FPS when it was running at around 75 FPS, but Metroid Prime 3 has an update rate of around 8 times/s when the FPS is around 13 or 14. Currently 100 means that the playback is done in the same real time (the time shown on your clock, not the time the Wii game think progressed) that it was recorded with. So you'll have to try different values and see which one that works. For example a simple shake recording will most likely work when you play it back in the fastest 500 speed to.
  • Apply or Close buttons: Pressing these will save the current settings. You need to press Apply after you have changed the HotKey or recorded a new movement to make it apply during gameplay.
Currently you can only record accelerometer values from the Wiimote, not from the Nunchuck, but that doesn't matter at all because it only records the gravity forces on all axes and that applies equally to both the Wiimote and the Nunchuck (regardless of different neutral values or gravity size values). So all recordings will work equally well with the Nunchuck even though they were recorded with the Wiimote.

How to map a movement to a Gamepad button with XPadder

To use these movements during gameplay I suggest that you get a progam like XPadder and map the needed HotKeys to a gamepad button. Combining the HotKey with an optional function key (Shift, Ctrl, Alt) works to. In the later versions of Xpadder it will automatically ask for a second key if you select a function key. If it doesn't you can bring up the Advanced window and select for example Ctrl for Slot 1 and a regular numerical key (0, 1, 2, 3 etc, not a NumPad key) for Slot 2. That will make XPadder emulate that Ctrl and for example 0 is pressed at the same time.

Sharing movement recordings with other users

If you don't have a real Wiimote and need a certain movement to play any particular Wii game please feel free to ask for someone to produce that recording for you. Also, if you have a real Wiimote please feel free to produce a WiimoteMovement.ini with the movements needed for a particular game. It could be interesting to make WiimoteMovement.ini with all the movements needed for a particual game, for example Sonic and the Secret Rings or any other game that frequently use different Wiimote movements for the controls.

Game guides

• Disaster: Day of Crisis: Shake is used for different things, both the recorded Shake move and the built in shake function that you map to a key in the Configuration window works for everything I tried (putting out the fire on your clothes and hitting things). When you need to roll the Wiimote to open a door set Roll and Pitch to Analog 1 or Analog 2 and set the roll range to 180, then move the analog stick to the left or right to roll the Wiimote and open the door. Because the roll calculation is also influenced by IR data when it's avaliable, it doesn't work well when you have the mouse over the rendering window, so if doesn't work and you can't open the door exit the fullscreen mode and move the cursor away from the rendering window, then move the analog stick to the left or right to use the roll move. If you don't have the cursor over the screen it always works and you only need to roll the Wiimote around 50° before the door is opened.
  • Wario Land Shake It: The Pitch move is often used, when aiming for throwing an item, when sitting in a cannon or any of the other vehicles (the one wheel barrell or the space craft for example).
  • Sonic and the Secret Rings: Both Roll and Pitch and Shake is used
  • Wii Sports: Shake works for some games, for example Tennis, Boxing and Golf
  • Tenchu - Shadow Assassins: Shake works for everything, sometimes you have to shake the Wiimote and the Nunchuck at the same time (just like in Disaster - Day of Crisis)
  • Metroid Prime 3: This one requires special recordings that also needs IR (infrared light) data. There is one recording for moving the Wiimote towards the screen. But the game may need more recordings further into the game, for example a recording of rolling the Wiimote that also require IR data (when turning a certain lock by rolling the Wiimote).
Attached file

I have attached a recording of shaking the Wiimote and moving the wiimote towards the screen. You can place it in the Dolphin dir and it will automatically be loaded when you start Dolphin. To be sure that it has loaded you can open the Wii Remote Plugin Configuration window and check that they recordings are showing under "Record movements" in the Real Wiimote tab. I tried the move towards the screen recording in Metroid Prime 3 and it worked (at the location in the beginning of the game when you are about to approach the mother ship Olympus).

·
Registered
408 Posts
Well, nobody post nothing, so im gonna be the first .

What i wanna tell you John, is first of all Thank You :p and second, i have Real Wiimote but can connect it with the PC so i can record any movement, so what i wanna ask is if Shake Nunchuck can be recorded, and if someone or you John can record, this movement for Tenchu, that is put vertically the Wiimote not looking to the Screen and move towars yourself, gotcha ? so i can pass the first tutorials in Tenchu .

Thx .

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Well, nobody post nothing, so im gonna be the first .
Yes I was surprised there was so few posts, perhaps it was to much text to read :)

What i wanna tell you John, is first of all Thank You :p
You're welcome :)

and second, i have Real Wiimote but can connect it with the PC so i can record any movement, so what i wanna ask is if Shake Nunchuck can be recorded, and if someone or you John can record, this movement for Tenchu, that is put vertically the Wiimote not looking to the Screen and move towars yourself, gotcha ? so i can pass the first tutorials in Tenchu .
Yes, it should be possible. Just press '+' on the Wiimote to be able to record (if it's connected first), the green gauges will light up to show you that it's working, then press A and record the movement while holding A. You can do this while playing (if Use Real Wiimote us unchecked and Connect Real Wiimote is checked) so that you can try the recording directly and rerecord it if it didn't work well. Just press Apply after you have recorded it if you are using revision 2207 or later (there was a bug that prevented that before that), then you will play back the recorded movement directly.

I just recorded two new moves for Sonic and the Secret Rings that I posted in its thread [thread=114692]here[/thread]. It worked great. One of the moves detected a strong Z-axis g-force. The other move detected a rolling state that simply comes from holding the Wiimote still but for example upside down or on the side.

When recording a move try different playback speeds, for example 50, 100, 200 or higher. Some moves may work faster or better at different speeds. This depends on how high the fps is and how fast the update rate it, while a game is runninf you can see the current update rate of the game in the box that reads "Update rate: --- times/s" in the upper left corner in the Recording tab.

Update: What I wrote here about different Wiimote neutral values are now obsolete and you don't need to bother with that since revision 2316.

·
Registered
44 Posts
can somebody post a record of shake for bleach shattered blade so I can activate BANKAI PLZ THX!

·
Registered
816 Posts
does anyone have all the movements for Tenchu Shadow Assasins?such as the instant kill and all that...thanks

·
将軍
558 Posts
It could be interesting to make WiimoteMovement.ini with all the movements needed for a particual game, for example Sonic and the Secret Rings or any other game that frequently use different Wiimote movements for the controls.
Agree someone should make a WiimoteMovement.ini with all sonic moves (especially the homing attack).

·
将軍
558 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
does anyone have all the movements for Tenchu Shadow Assasins?such as the instant kill and all that...thanks
I just tried the first part of the Story mode and it seems like shaking works for all moves, I tried it with these moves:

Hissatsu: You only get one option, to move the Wiimote or the Nunchuck in a certain way, the shake move works for all those. (Like they noticed in this article to where they say "Ignore the prompts, and just give them both a shake for good measure. It doesn't matter if the game is telling you to move the Wii Remote forward; just shake it, and you'll be fine.")
Hayate: The Wiimote shake move performs this move to
Turning around 180° while standing still or walking around: The Nunchuck shake move works for this
Look from left to right when standing next to a wall: The Nunchuck shake move works for this

Recommended controls: I placed the Shake move on HotKey 1 and mapped Shift + 1 and Ctrl + 1 to the left and right triggers on my gamepad with Xpadder. That way I can shake the Wiimote with one button and shake the Nunchuck with the other button. (The Shake recording only lasts for about a second if you play it in high speed, but there is still no restriction of shaking either the Wiimote or the Nunchuck one at a time, they can be shaked at the exact same time or concurrently at any time from the same recording without and problems. The Wiimote and Nunchuck shake is entirely separate.)

You can get the WiimoteMovement.ini with the good Shake move that works for this in the "Emulated Wiimote Controls.zip" file in the first post. It's nothing special, just a very rapid shake performed with one hand so that all accelerometer axes gives the maximum +5 or -5 gravity force readings all the time basically.

·
Registered
8 Posts
help me pleasee

i'm new
I would have to ask for aid
then
I want to play Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
but how do I emulate the movements of the wiimote?
I explain better
if I must use the sword how do I emulate the movement with the keyboard or a joypad?
or if I want to play wii sports
emulating the movement as an analogue joypad or the keyboard?
thanks to all who answer:)

·
Registered SuperKyo
3,000 Posts
You can emulate wiimote movements by this metod (shorted from first post):

1) go to wiimote plugin settings
2) choose "recording"
3) at rec. tab press space (or something like it)
4) press "+", hold A (on keyboard), write your move, release A
5) set buttons to use it
6) here you go: if you recorded wiimote movement, press Shift+button you set, nunchuck - Ctrl+button

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
but how do I emulate the movements of the wiimote?
if I must use the sword how do I emulate the movement with the keyboard or a joypad?
or if I want to play wii sports
emulating the movement as an analogue joypad or the keyboard?
If you don't have a real Wiimote or don't have it connected to the PC you can still use some moves without recording anything yourself. You can basically divide Wiimote and Nunchuck movements in to two categories:

1. The relatively still Wiimote: Roll and pitch can be emulated by Analog 1 or Analog 2 on your gamepad. Currently it's only roll and pitch for the Wiimote. But I can add roll and pitch for the Nunchuck to if it's needed.

2. The rapidly moving Wiimote: Roll and pitch only works when all gravity forces on the Wiimote is relatively small (when they are less than or equal to one, they can be as high as five at most). But when they are higher than one the roll and pitch values are not reliable. Also, because of the relative imprecision in the accelerometer data when rapid moves are applied to the Wiimote, all moves that rely on high gravity force values seems to work with a good Shake recording that gives high gravity force readings on all axes (that you can get from the file attached in the first post).

So you can either try the Roll and Pitch function if you think that will work. Or the Shake recording. Here's what works in some games I've tried:

Update: I moved this list to the first post

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just tried the first part of the Story mode and it seems like shaking works for all moves, I tried it with these moves:

Hissatsu: You only get one option, to move the Wiimote or the Nunchuck in a certain way, the shake move works for all those. (Like they noticed in this article to where they say "Ignore the prompts, and just give them both a shake for good measure. It doesn't matter if the game is telling you to move the Wii Remote forward; just shake it, and you'll be fine.")
Hayate: The Wiimote shake move performs this move to
Turning around 180° while standing still or walking around: The Nunchuck shake move works for this
Look from left to right when standing next to a wall: The Nunchuck shake move works for this

Recommended controls: I placed the Shake move on HotKey 1 and mapped Shift + 1 and Ctrl + 1 to the left and right triggers on my gamepad with Xpadder. That way I can shake the Wiimote with one button and shake the Nunchuck with the other button. (The Shake recording only lasts for about a second if you play it in high speed, but there is still no restriction of shaking either the Wiimote or the Nunchuck one at a time, they can be shaked at the exact same time or concurrently at any time from the same recording without and problems. The Wiimote and Nunchuck shake is entirely separate.)

You can get the WiimoteMovement.ini with the good Shake move that works for this in the "Emulated Wiimote Controls.zip" file in the first post. It's nothing special, just a very rapid shake performed with one hand so that all accelerometer axes gives the maximum +5 or -5 gravity force readings all the time basically.
thank you very much for the info and the file...good work and keep it up :thumb:

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
thank you very much for the info and the file...good work and keep it up :thumb:
You're welcome :)

Update: I tried the Shake recording in Disaster: Day of Crisis and noticed that there was a slight problem with the concurrent playback of Wiimote and Nunchuck movements (you have to shake both at the same time to put out the fire). So I have now (in revision 2,242) updated the HotKey settings to work like this:

Select an optional Shift, Ctrl, Alt key together with the numerical key, and select individual (or the same, but then they are always played at the same thing) numerical key for Wiimote movements, Nunchuck movements and IR light data. In the Wii Remote Configuration window in the 'Recording' tab under 'HotKeys' you will see four combo boxes that have this function:

Code:
                   HotKey
----------------+---------+------------+--------
Optional switch | Wiimote |  Nunchuck  |   IR
----------------+---------+------------+--------
       ...      |   ...   |    ...     |   ...
So the HotKey for Wiimote movements is the first box after the <Shift, Ctrl, Alt> box, and the next one is for Nunchuck movements. There is a ToolTip to explain how it works but it's not showing when I try it, but now you have the explanation here at least. I hope this makes sense.

Notice for Windows users: If you have selected Shift as the optional switch to combine with the HotKey please remember that holding Shift alters the behavior of the Numpad keys in Windows, so while you hold shift the Nunchuck steering through Numpad 4,5,6,8 will not work if you are for example holding Shift + 1 to shake either the Wiimote or the Nunchuck. To prevent this problem you can use Ctrl as the switch key, or select a blank switch key (the last option), meaning that no switch is needed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
sorry but I did not understand anything
then
I go into the recording page wiimote
I click and I say "press +"
I hit the space bar but then I do not know what to do more
I squeezed the button "+" that would be the "P" in the keyboard I think
but then does not make me crush nient 'other
I want to play dragon quest by movements in analog joypad
please explain step by step how to do?
thank you very much :)
I downloaded the file to the first post but I do not know ow to get it to work XD

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I click and I say "press +"
I hit the space bar but then I do not know what to do more
I squeezed the button "+" that would be the "P" in the keyboard I think
It means the '+' on the Wiimote. If you don't have a Wiimote connected to your PC to do your own recordings you'll have to try the methods I mentioned above.

·
Registered
408 Posts
EDIT : Now i can, i have the latest rev, and its all good, what is missing now, is Twist the Wiimote, for Open Doors, in Second Stage . Anybody that can record de movement ?

1 - 20 of 126 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.