Region: USA
GFX Plugin: OpenGL

Enable DualCore: Checked
Enable Idle Skipping: Checked
Optimize Quantizers: Checked

Enable Progressive Scan: Checked
Enable Widescreen: Checked

Safe Texture Cache: Checked

With these settings i get a minimum of ~50fps, with max of 60. Most of the time hovering around 55. The game is pretty much perfect except for:

• When creating your character and town name, the onscreen keyboard is invisible. (see the Screenshot for where to click to continue.)
  • Cannot Save (Gives the file write error and locks up Dolphin).
(Note: It does PANIC! at the start "Unknown Device: dev/usb/kbd" but clicking ok, continues to load the game perfectly).

Overall Rating, Near Perfect :)

(PS: In the screenshots i'm running in windowed mode as in fullscreen i couldn't click near the bottom or top of the screen. This reduced by performance about 5-10fps as you seen in the screenshots. Will be getting my Wii back next week so i can play in fullscreen with a real Wiimote :D)

Thank you Dolphin team and the people that work on it, your time and effort are very much appreciated by myself, and the community! :D

EDIT: I've figured out how to start a new game and be able to save!! *USA*

1. Load up AC:CF and start a new town, enter your name and do the little intro part.

2. ALT+TAB and run explorer and extract the attached "SAVE.ZIP" into your Dolphin Directory.

3. ALT+TAB back into AC:CF and you will now be able to save your new town, don't worry about the existing town/residents in the save they will be overwritten by your town/character :)

Reactions: Levi Gerardo

·
Registered
247 Posts
For the first screen, use a projection hack to see the button :). And some time it must be desactivated :). It works really good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RazLaron I tried the Protection hack but it didn't work :(

Is there anyway to save the game? Everytime I try that error message comes up, even on svn1402.

Would I have to copy an existing save into the directory? If so, how so i find out the directory?

Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just an update:

I can successfully load a saved game (downloaded from wii saves), i can move things and change outfits, and save it and then load it and the changes will have been saved.

What I can't do is seem to delete/wipe the town/character. As soon as I try I get the Wii File Read Error.

Anyone know why?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I've been experimenting with animal crossing trying to get it to save. How did you make it load a save game? I've been trying to use load/save state but it always crashes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see the first post Dread, i've updated it with instructions :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
What about the Internal Clock of the Dolphin itself? I havent done anytihng yet with the game but i noticed everytime i restarted while i was trying to figure out how to get the keyboard to show up to type in a name, Rover kept saying the clock was reset.

Anything on making Dolphin read the computers system clock?

·
Registered
379 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
So what does that mean for City Folk itself? I mean would the game not be able to tell if time advanced forward?
Not sure if City Folk is the same but the original game clock stays the same as when you set it. I think it may change when you are playing it (thus requiring 24 hours of playing time to advance a full day), but I'm not sure. I know it doesn't run when the game is not running though.

I play the original by manually setting the time and date, but I'm not sure if thats possible in City Folk.

·
Registered
124 Posts
You can manually set the date and time in City Folk, and I thought it advances as long as it's playing.
so does that work well for the game? as far as i understood the gameplay its based on time events. do those work or just get mixed up when you skip the time around every time you load a savegame?

·
Registered
124 Posts
seems like this game is broken in rev 1642.

crashes after leaving the first buyable house right at the beginning of the game.

rev 1590 does not get this error ... must be something in between those 50 revs :-/

[edit]
was a bug in the 164X revs .. tryed 1697 - not crashing

·
Registered
51 Posts
Yeah I get this bug too after entering, leaving, and re-entering the building.
Does not happen in revision 1555 but does in 1623...it happens to me in 1697, too..
EDIT: Actually, this does happen in 1697, but not at that building, it happens when I try to enter the town hall. Guess I have to stick with 1555 for now, till the new ones become more stable.

·
Registered
124 Posts
ya for AC i´m sticking to 1590. with 1697 dolphin closed like 3 times for me (no panic msg or anything - just crash/close) :(

1 - 20 of 40 Posts