Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You can't do Wi-Fi with NO$GBA, or any other emu.

·
Registered
12 Posts
just asking two short question, does anyone know that will the newer version of no$gba coming out in any near future? Because I heard from wikipedia that they have stopped as 2.6a is the last version. Also, in 2.4b it says basic DS Wifi emulation , doesn't that mean we have wifi? my english is really bad so I might misunderstood this. Thanks

·
Lurker, pretty much...
296 Posts
Nobody knows when the next one will be released, as there hasn't been any news from Martin since over a year. Unless he comes and confirms that this is the final version, it can't yet be assumed as such.

Every emulator here only provides minimal Wi-Fi functionality (which is still enough to increase compatibility). Without it, any attempt to init Wi-Fi will result in a communication error (for instance, when loading the save for Pokemon). So there's no way to link two DS emulators together nor with real DSes.

·
Registered
828 Posts
From NO$GBA home page:

(*) no$gba/wifi can send/receive packets, commercial programs are still getting stuck somewhere in transmission. NEW in v2.4d: Pictochat is now successfully exchanging authentication and associations requests and responses. After that, on real hardware, the host should immediately send data frames (via port 090h presumably), in no$gba, the host doesn't send any such data frames for whatever reason (only the client does, via port 094h). Info on fixing that problem would be highly welcome. Built-in help text (in debug ver) contains almost complete wifi specs now.
Though, this doesn't tell if NO$GBA can communicate with a DS or only with another instance of NO$GBA on another computer.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
From NO$GBA home page:

Though, this doesn't tell if NO$GBA can communicate with a DS or only with another instance of NO$GBA on another computer.
Actually further down on the page it says that it does not work for any sort of practical purpose yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.