Next Generation Emulation banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I know there are several workarounds for things like the underground in DPpl, and dificult games to play like elite beat agents.

I noticed that No$ has a link feature and there used to be an adapter you could use to link your gba games on your ds, it used the power cord slot i think. Is there anyway Hamachi could be used to battle and trade with others over small networks?

One of my friends is in graphic arts and design. For his class and homework he has to have a tablet(spendy) which is like a little screen with a stylus to free hand draw on the computer, he can also use it as a mouse. I was wondering if that could be used in the joystick setting under the control options

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For those of you who don't know hamachi is a networking program for use over the internet with closed programs and file sharing, miniature servers are made and people can login and join your room and play games it whatnot as if they were on your own home network lanning it up. I only use it for MTG apprentice

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
No, WiFi does not work and that's that, hamachi will not change anything.

If he can use it as a mouse then it should function as a stylus for no$gba irrespective of whether no$gba is set up to use it or not.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not exactly what I meant with hamachi. Because we can't use Wi-fi because nintendo servers block us or we can't access wi-fi on our No$ through our computers. I though hamachi may be able to remedy that problem by giving us our own Wi-Fi servers in a way. I know I can use it with VBA and link up with my friends, trade,battle all that fun stuff. If there are ways to work around it in previous games and No$ versions why can't we rework it again?

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Becuase it's not that we can't connect to WiFI, it's that WIFI DOES NOT WORK

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Because absolutely nothing regarding DS linking of any sort works yet, no matter what you want to call it it.

The feature worked for GBA games, this was just a further way to use it...however in no$gba's case nothing works...the linking that exists is either GBA to GBA or is so basic that it has no practical use yet and serves only to allow no$gba to run games that have a WiFi check like Pokemon.
If you would check the asterisk next to basic WiFi support on the homepage it would tell you that it does not work for any practical purposes whatsoever, not even Pictochat packages can be transferred.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know that they don't work, i thought this might be a good idea for programmers to work off of to implement Wi-Fi or a something close to it. You know get the creative juices flowing, I'd start on it but I only have the faintest idea of coding

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
but hamachi does not affect whether a feature works or not, in only affects how you can further utilise an already working feature.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
neither are you

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
No$ lacks the basic code to access any network, whether through a wireless node or directly through the PC's internet connection. Even if you would set up a close curcuit network that would mimic Nintendo's DS WiFi network, No$ wouldn't be able to access it.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
AR workarounds deactivating the check? I didn't keep up with the details. The last Pokemon game I played through was Gold...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
and If codeing a link for gba was possible codeing one for the DS shouldn't be that hard. I guess if we were all filthy rich we could shovel martin full of money and he'd be working on it over time but I don't think any of us here are that privleged, and donations aren't possible for somereason

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
GBA had cable based multiplayer at first: a fully close-curcuit system that could be easily monitored by tapping into the cable. Tracking a wireless connection is much harder to begin with, making it much more difficult to reverse-engineer. You would also have to fake-replicate this wireless environment to even start implementing it into the emulator.

·
Hopeless Optimist
3,089 Posts
I'm not that deep into programming, to say the truth.
Another problem is, last thing we know, Martin only had a single DS...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.