Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am using ePSXe 1.6.0 and for some reason my memory card with all my important save data on it wont be read by the bios or any of the games for which I have saves for. Now I would think that it is just corrupted and whatnot but I am able to open the memory card in any of the many external memory card programs like PSXMemTool for example and it is just fine all the information is there and I can copy delete ect. Also I have made sure that the memory card is selected.

The further wierdness is that I tried just making a new memory card and copying the saves to the new one and it just went and did the same thing.....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm is there anything in the world that I can possibly do?!? as like many I have some saves, Legend of Mana for example that I would do anything to save from deletion so does anyone know anything that I can do to fix this. I know the memory cards are in a hex format and I have c++ programming experence so if it is something in the hash that is out of order I may be able to fix it if possible. I just cant loose that save

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
try loading the memcards from another emu, maybe the problem is in epsxe not the memcards, try with PSXeven

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ok I did that and it does the same thing. There has to be something that can be done to correct this, the save information is there just something is preventing the PSX from reading it.

Edit: I have been doing some work desperately trying to get it to work and I have found that it is my saves not the memory card as if I make a new card and then go and put new saves on it they work fine and then I copy over the ones that currently dont work and they continue to not work. So it has something to do with the XORed checksum or something failing for those saves, anything that anyone may know to get around this as the save data is fine just that the PSX is not accepting it due to something must have changed in the hex values of those saves preventing them from being read correctly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I fixed some of it, by changing all the hex values of 20 to 00 I was able to get the PSX to read the saved game again but now it gives me the currupted save game message when I try to load it so I am assuming that there are some stray hex vales in there somewhere I changed. Looks like more hunting for me.....

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
6,122 Posts
what i dont get, is how a working memcard you said was working can get corrupted just by copying the savefiles from the other card...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.