Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I downloaded ePSXe from Vimm's Lair and scanned it with VirusTotal and it got one hit from a obscure virus scanner and I ruled it must be a false positive, I scanned it with my anti-virus McAfee and it said it was completely safe. So I installed it and now I get random prompt from a CMD Application called SelfDestruct.bat. I have scanned this file McAfee and virus total, it comes back saying its safe. I was afraid of its name because it is sound malicious but on the other hand I was not sure if I should delete because maybe it could be harmless and with legitimate purpose. So I did the next best thing, I found the file on my PC and renamed the file extension to .bak for backup and now it has disappeared from my PC. Is selfdestruct.bat malware?

·
No sir, I don't like it.
5,449 Posts
ePSXe doesn't include any batch files. It must have been packed in by someone. Batch files (.BAT) are command line scripts that are usually used to carry out a series of commands automatically. I hope you didn't run it and/or Windows prevented it from running. Personally, I would delete that copy of ePSXe.

You should always stick to downloading programs from the official source whenever possible. https://www.epsxe.com/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts