Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wich RPG Game you can control the guy movement (in his attack command) and select what kind of hit he will do....(like, if he's going to punch or kick....) Is it Xenogears????I dunno

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep......I've played legaia......but i'm sure that there's other one like legaia........wich game could be...........:confused:

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Xenogears is a simplified version of that system. Legend of Legaia 2 will also have Legend of Legaia's system.

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
Xenogears is a simplified version of that system. Legend of Legaia 2 will also have Legend of Legaia's system.
hey, dyo know when's it gonna be out? system? :)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by liquid
xenogears had a system like that..and I think crono cross has something simmilar too.
Chrono Cross is similar, but you can choose, if the damage will be big or not.....In Le***a you will chosse the kind of hit that you do...
I'm sure that Legaia 2 will be a cool game.....Since the first one is good too....

·
Registered
411 Posts
Legends of Dagoon (PSX), Bouncer (PS2), those are the only two I could think off. Or it could also be Vagrant Story...it a lot like Legends of Dragoon but with less magic and really dull colors, not as colorful as most games.

Originally posted by jonys
Wich RPG Game you can control the guy movement (in his attack command) and select what kind of hit he will do....(like, if he's going to punch or kick....) Is it Xenogears????I dunno

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
Originally posted by Ryos
"2001" in Japan (in other words, no one seems to know), and it's for the PS2.
yup... seems like im going to buy a PS2
or maybe my parents do? :p

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
well Tales of Destiny 2 has a battle system like Tales of Destiny, but you have any IDEA how pissed I am at NAMCO for changing the name, it was Tales of Eternia in japan, and I hate that in the US its sounds more like a direct sequel to tales of destiny, which REALLY sucked for the last half, and Tales of destiny 2 is cool, but I shall always think of it as Tales of Eternia, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I totally agree with you on that. I hate it when the US translates japanese titles and names. Its very typical of the US, if they can not pronounce something they give it a different name. I can't stand that!

Originally posted by Ryoga
well Tales of Destiny 2 has a battle system like Tales of Destiny, but you have any IDEA how pissed I am at NAMCO for changing the name, it was Tales of Eternia in japan, and I hate that in the US its sounds more like a direct sequel to tales of destiny, which REALLY sucked for the last half, and Tales of destiny 2 is cool, but I shall always think of it as Tales of Eternia, just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by FiReY
I totally agree with you on that. I hate it when the US translates japanese titles and names. Its very typical of the US, if they can not pronounce something they give it a different name. I can't stand that!
You only know a small part of the history....:

In Grandia (for Saturn and for PSX) there's a part where an old guy says to u: "What a relieve, if you had broken that statue my poor heart wouldn't take it...." (In the US version) but actually he says: "What a relieve, if you had broken that statue i would have to kill ya....." (in the Japanese version).....Besides, in the whole game all the Beers are replaced by coffees....like...u see a guy completely drunked and he offers u COFFEE??? And the translators of the game said that, because of the kind of drawing and characters that the game had, Many children would play it....and thats why they censured those words....But i can bet with anyone...With the difficulty level and the dungeons that the game haves, wich children would dare to play it ??? Wich one would understand it???........The translators SUCKS.......

·
playing FGO
10,134 Posts
I don't understand what you're saying too.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was saying about, how the translators of a RPG game can mess up with all the meaning , just changing a few words....They don't keep the original speech and this isn't right.......That's it.....

·
<B><font color="lightyellow" size = "1">A BIG BAD
5,568 Posts
I guess that's a problem when translating from any language to another.. subtle nuances present in the former language, sometimes can't be carried out to the translation.. in other words, it is sometimes impossible to translate the full meaning and context of the original statement to the new language.. this does not excuse lousy translation jobs though.. lousy is lousy.. hehe :p

1 - 20 of 37 Posts