Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey ppl i have a preaty good system 1.1GhzAMD,Voodoo5500 and 128mb SDRAM what amulator/s should i use?

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
UltraHLE/SuprHLE is quite good, but has a low compatibility. Try pj64, which is the best for most games. It requires a good pc, while UltraHLE needs a low-end one, but I'm sure your pc can handle it pretty well. Try all emus if you want to. The best emu really depends on which game you're going to play. Check compat lists to see which emu run the game you wanna play.

·
Registered
158 Posts
er... pj64 is ****ing better than practically anything. get pj64 1.3, and 1.2, plus get 1964.0.6.4a and ull get pretty damn good compatibility.

·
<font color="#FF0066"><b>Advanced Newbie</b></font
5,797 Posts
so how about an emu for a 500 mhz 128 mb ram and 8 mb integrated (and don´t laught)
any recommendations?

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
well, the fastest emu of all is Corn, (uses dinamic recompyling) but that makes the compatibylity kinda suck... but its damn fast, and makes wonders if ur trying to play Mario :)

S

·
0 Posts
well, since you have a voodoo5 I would at least try UltraHLE, because it'll probably run wonderfull, but PJ64 has a higher compatibility

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Kain425,
Pj64 is surely the best and your computer specs will allow you to run it decetly enough.

SepHirotH OmEgA,
Your specs are similar to mine(slightly better).For us only three emulators seem to work.Corn is fastest and you should also give a try to supra and ultrahle.

·
Premium Member
2,712 Posts
prafull, I didn't know glide wrappers worked fine with onboard video. I thought they needed a good video card. How is the performance?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Sephiroth: for my personal experience... I tryed UltraHLE with my old k6-3 500 and my old i740 with glidea wrapper and it works fiine with games like mario64, starfox and zelda, but don't expect more than that :p

·
Registered
5,442 Posts
Originally posted by Zephon
prafull, I didn't know glide wrappers worked fine with onboard video. I thought they needed a good video card. How is the performance?
Seems to work well with whatever games I have tried until now.;)

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Looks like you are in a good position: Enough Power for 1964, Nemu64 and PJ64 and a Glide GFX card for UHLE ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
With that setup I would use PJ64. I've found that some games run faster on PJ64 v1.3 and some run faster on PJ64 v1.2. I get both of em.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts