Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying for a long time now to get my stupid phone to connect to my router. It's running Windows Mobile 6.1 on it. I've tried lots of stuff, but I basically don't know where to put what information where. Such as what number to dial(as you can see I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing here) to access my router. Can somebody give me like a step-by-step(if possible) guide to doing this?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
What carrier do you have??

And What phone? if you have the PPC or XV 6700, go to connection manager and turn on wifi.

A list of available networks should pop up. Just click on yours.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were that simple Phil, I wouldn't be making a thread about it. :p

It's a PPC and Skype works fine on it, but normal internet and anything else using internet doesn't work.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, but that's beside the point. Wi-Fi should still work whether I have a carrier or not. Skype works atm, but nothing else does. If I turn off the Wi-Fi, Skype doesn't work. So what's the difference between how Skype connects with Wi-Fi versus Internet Explorer or Google Maps?

·
Site Owner
14,909 Posts
First of all, the Apache came with windows mobile 5, not 6.1 (with Touch Flo). So im guessing you have a hacked phone with some screwy drivers.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it's a haxored phone. Some driver screw-ups then? I didn't screw it up, it was my brother's old phone. :p But supposedly the Wi-Fi worked when he had it, so I don't really know at this point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts