Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bgnome whyd you close that post i didnt pm him cause i wanted everyone to see the great pic 5 feet8 took and how good it looked on my desktop..

S

·
0 Posts
normally when you send a message to someone personally you use the private message (=pm) system.

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
Originally posted by eazye
yes i know that but i wanted to show the pic too
You also showed that same picture on another thread in offtopic. Don't double post posts, especially when, as Bgnome suggested, you could have just private messaged fivefeet8 that information.

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
Well there's always the Spam section.....

...and while you're there, join my club too! :D :D :D

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
as shiori said, there is a spam section. if you are publically posting a PM anywhere else, i consider it a flagrant attempt to inflate post count. and i have had little tolerance as of late..

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
why would you want to turn it off anyway? :confused:

·
playing FGO
10,133 Posts
ah, i see....

for me, whenever i get a new PM, a message box pops up, that's how I know i got new messages. maybe if you enable that in user cp, then you won't miss them. :)

2,209 Posts
PM, that's the time of day I like to a wake up:p

I alway's use my pm system, great fearture, it would be useful to be able to send pictures on it.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
Originally posted by Enigma1982
Because I never check it.
I check only mail and board.
So if anyone send pm to me.I will never know.
iirc theres an email alert option when you receive a PM

·
Registered
11,307 Posts
carnage: iirc means if I recall correctly

As for private messages, just use the popup option for when people send you private messages. They look much better than the email through the board, and that way your inbox doesn't get inundated with spam - er, messages.

S

·
0 Posts
Eazye, it was a great picture, but it didn't belong where it was. You could always have put it in screenshots, I doubt if anyone would have objected to it being in there, and called fivefeet8's attention to it by saying something like "Fivefeet8 please look." That way fivefeet8 would have seen it in there and you wouldn't be upset now.
The other way would be to ask fivefeet8 for his E-Mail address and E-Mail him the picture as an attachment to your message. You see,
there are always different and, sometimes, better ways to do things.
sincerely,
sx/amiga

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
im not upset i just was wondering what the big deal was that the thread have to be closed couldnt of it been moved?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts