Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
READ THIS

VERY informitive artical read it and quit BLEEPING Complaining!!

ITS even got visual aids and metaphores for the non technologically gifted among us

uppon further reveiw i have decided to sum it up in one simple
personification haha

"You computer has a narrow urethra and can not urtinate the game out fast enough"

"it has a big bladder though."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
sorry about that. I forgot it was so big :emb:

and your link brings up a "page not found"

sigh I am going to have to find a more recent one then but it'll probly say the same thing.

CLICKITY there that better?

nevermind still from 2000

WELL thats all the better you are gonna get considering PS2 is old news now its all PS3 and 360 stuff

hmm not to sound rude or anthing but the pcsx2 guys should put a link to the Main Forum rules for us stupid people who forget that this is a forum within a forum. hehe

·
PCSX2 Coder
11,343 Posts
actually generalplot has quoted that article and another several times to n00bs who moan about their 200mhz pc not running pcsx2 quick enough ;p

·
Registered
2 Posts
jimbobaa, I have an example 4 ya.

"Event you are very good @English it doesnt mean you can cummunicate with non-english speaking people without translator right ?"

it the same as computer code, PC and PS2 are in difference structure.
Emulator work like a translator to enable PC to run PS2 code.
the better translator the better performance.
dont simply compare PC CPU Clock Speed <-> PS2 CPU Clock Speed, it useless.

hope u will understand things more.

English is not my natice language, so if there are some mistakes i'm sorry.

·
Registered
650 Posts
GOF007 said:

"Event you are very good @English it doesnt mean you can cummunicate with non-english speaking people without translator right ?"

i think hes right there refraction ;)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Actually the different stuff is GPU,SPU and DMA. Game logics are the same. (That's why most PS2-PC ports feel "console-ish" :D )

·
Heretic
2,771 Posts
This 'game logic' you're referring to is the manner in which the game is controlled/played. If you changed any console game to mouse/wasd format it would lose that console feel.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GOF007 said:

ARRG its not the clock speed! it the fact that the busses in the ps2 can tranfer so much faster than pc and yes while it does create a virtual software "copy" of the hardware if the structures are adically different as they are they have a lot less speed. now, if you get the new amd duel cores with the 2000MHz bus and ddr3 with a 1000 mhz bus you will have enough through speed but yes it can be improved through better software "hardware emulation" but I don't see it running at full speeds on any current computer even with the best emulation.
I think they will get it twice as fast at best maybee more but still not anywhere near speed sorry but thems the breaks.

most peoples processors are plenty FAST enough they just can't get all that info to and from memory fast enough.

·
PCSX2ベータテスター
1,493 Posts
i wouldn't even say it's the busses exactly. you have something like SIX processors running on your one. Not only to you have to simulate the processors but you have to simulate the busses and their timings which is inparticularly tricky and the cause of some nasty slowdowns.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.