Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a Final Fantasy enthusiast, I’m quite pissed of the fact, that it isn´t going to be released as a PC game but instead as a PS3 and Xbox 360 game! Why is it, that Squareenix won´t release it as a PC game also? Seen from my point of view it would benefit Squareenix seen from a financial perspective? So can a friendly soul please explain to me why the hell Squareenix is killing me like this, and probably other FF fanatics?

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
Probably The Last Remnant didnt sell good enough to make them think it should be worth investing in the PC market, or maybe they are going to do it but first they are going to try and win as much money as possible from the XBOX360 and PS3 market (secrecy towards a PC edition would increase there sales).

· Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm I see… This has been a non-stop problem for the past couple of years. They didn´t make a PC version for Final Fantasy IX, X, X-2 or XII? The whole god damn world is using computers nowadays, so they should benefit from it, more than making PS3 and Xbox 360 versions? Or am I wrong? :-S

· ヒット激しく速く
26,508 Posts
For DMC 4 it was known (at the same time the XBOX360/PS3 where anounced) that there was going to be a PC edition, even if it camed later then the console versions, i think you misunderstood my post or have your facts wrong oO.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
As a Final Fantasy enthusiast, I’m quite pissed of the fact, that it isn´t going to be released as a PC game but instead as a PS3 and Xbox 360 game! Why is it, that Squareenix won´t release it as a PC game also? Seen from my point of view it would benefit Squareenix seen from a financial perspective? So can a friendly soul please explain to me why the hell Squareenix is killing me like this, and probably other FF fanatics?

GET OVER IT.

seriously >.>

· Registered
18 Posts
Even I have a doubt with that. Why did Square Enix only realease FF VII for the PC?
Was it because it got popular on the console first and then just to extend they marketing they started selling for the PC?

· Banned
35,081 Posts
FFVIII was on the PC as well.

It took those 2 titles to realise that dealing with Electronic Arts was a whore.

· Demon
1,205 Posts
For DMC 4 it was known (at the same time the XBOX360/PS3 where anounced) that there was going to be a PC edition, even if it camed later then the console versions, i think you misunderstood my post or have your facts wrong oO.
I was pretty sure the announcement of PC version came after the console versions released, but oh well, guess my facts were wrong.

Either way, it's time for a petition! ... like that'll work :lol:

· Registered
13,839 Posts
Look at any Square PC port and you know WHY! They suck skunkballs!:lol:

And how can any, and I mean any FF fanatic even wish for PC port? Final Fantasies and most j-rpgs aren't called "console rpg's" for nothing, its because that's the place where they work the best. So stop b!tch!ng and go buy PS3!

· Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
FFVIII was on the PC as well.

It took those 2 titles to realise that dealing with Electronic Arts was a whore.
Which is why I'm surprised they won't announce FFXIII for PC, to be honest.

They have proven with The Last Remnant that they themselves CAN do good games for PC. And though I'm not sure about how well it sold, the game itself proved that either their PS3/360 version of the game was not well coded at all, or that the PS3/360 simply can't handle such a game(which is illogical on all accounts). By this logic, they are better off doing their games for PC, if only for the amount of problems it'd solve.

The thing is, releasing it for PC and PC alone would cut it sales down by 3/4, at the very least. Which I believe is the sole reason they either won't announce it yet, or simply won't ever do it.

· Banned
35,081 Posts
openly declaring TLR to be good, requires psychological health certification.

· Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
Why are you so against the game, Squall? I'd love to hear your reasoning. The game might have a lackluster story, but that aside, it uses the most original system out of Squeenix's console games(bar TWEWY, perhaps).

And EVEN if you were to say that TLR is bad, notice how I was talking about how the PC version compared to the console version. The PC version has far less loading times, has new additions to make the game last longer, and provided modifications to the game itself. I haven't been able to test the game on more than a few PCs, but it also seems to be optimized enough to be able to run well under not so new hardware(I only get some slowdowns under heavy load, and I'm playing on a mostly-High configuration at 1440x900).

· Demon
1,205 Posts
Look at any Square PC port and you know WHY! They suck skunkballs!:lol:
FF VII and FFVIII weren't ported to PC by Square. They were ported by Eidos, so it's Eidos's fault for making a lousy port.

The Last Remnant was ported to PC by Square and it's an improvement over it's console breathren, both in gameplay and in optimisation. Unfortunately, nothing can fix the awful story :lol:

· Banned
35,081 Posts
Its just not my (and alot of other SE gamers) cup of tea.

· Registered
8,815 Posts
My first impression of TLR: This sucks
Upon playing it more: Ah, I see how this works. Awesome.
Upon playing it even more: ......I'm bored.

TLR started with a great idea. They just executed it poorly. And speaking of execution, that's what they need to do to the dude who made the battle camera. Annoyinggggg.

· Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
Whatever floats your boat, then. I find it funny how the system in FF XII is praised so much, while TLR's system gets either hate or is ignored. To be honest, once you set up some carefully planned Gambits in FFXII, all you have to do is run around in circles on a place with monsters to level up. And the licence system, though interesting, makes absolutely no sense at all. Why would you need to train to wear something as simple as a bandana or headband?

Sure, the Gambits are quite customizable, and the fights actually happen in real time without having to go through loadings and what not, but it still was just more of the "run around, proceed with the story". And a story that suffered thanks to it's girly main character, half of the cast barely being related to the real plot, and then the lame plot twist concerning Basch.

EDIT:
The PC version of TLR offers a turbo mode for battles, making them less painful if you're tired of waiting for all the action to happen. But I have to agree. The camera could use some work.

· Finger of Doom
1,023 Posts
Haven't heard of such a thing. It probably won't be the case, though. Where/when would that be(the announcement, I mean)?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.