·
desmume coder
488 Posts
because fullscreen sucks. ask the zoomer guys to make a desmumezoom

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
"DesmumeZoom"... :lol: :lol:
Anyways, Desmume have a feature that NO$GBA doesn't have; you can change the window size. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
You can change the window size up to 4x (ONLY FOR 2560X1600 MONITORS!)

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
sentinel, have you ever seen an application where you can drag the edge of the window in order to resize it? desmume is one of those.

·
Registered
703 Posts
because fullscreen sucks. ask the zoomer guys to make a desmumezoom
Fullscreen may suck for you, but not for anybody else.

Saying that putting a fullscreen code into desmume is a pain in the ass... that's understandable, but saying that it sucks? nope.

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
How do you change the window size to 1.25? All I see is 1.5.
1. Grab a ruler.
2. Measure the width of your current DeSmuMe.
3. If it's 2 inches, that's 1.25x. Else, skip to Step 4.
4. If it isn't, click and drag the side of DeSmuMe until you reach 2 inches.

All sizes are approximate.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I brought this up on the Desmume forums and after a little going back and forth - they implemented it!!! Grab the latest SVNs to have full screen now! I don't get windowed gamers. Why would you not want to be emersed in the game and black out all that crap on the desktop?

·
┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
2,058 Posts
Coz I like to monitor other things while playing, and I just can't get myself immersed on DS game especially after it's stretched to oblivion.
Well each to his own I guess and it's still a good feature nonetheless, thanks to the team.

·
クロスエクス
4,662 Posts
Oh, that's nice to know. I also tend to keep track of things, but is good to have the option of covering all the rest so one can focus on it. Also, stretching should be an option and not forced.... I hope it ain't forced. >_<

Anyhow, gonna try it later.

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
Via a trick known as 'focus' one can eliminate from his consciousness that which he does not currently wish to experience. Some people require a crutch known as 'fullscreen'. Theres really nothing to be ashamed of, but you would be well served in other ways by learning the first trick.

·
Pilgrim
9,687 Posts
I've never wanted fullscreen on an emulator like desmume because, the nintendo ds limitations are really seen in there.

It doesn't matter how many filters you apply, the lack of detail and low quality that you can spot on fullscreen is obvious.

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
Different people have different IQs, some higher and some lower. I'm not implying that has anything to do with what you said.

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
A pity you have such eccentric tastes, too. It never even occurred to me that someone would want that.

·
Registered
703 Posts
A pity you have such eccentric tastes, too. It never even occurred to me that someone would want that.
Some users preffer to play in fullscreen, some don't.

Those who don't like fullscreen could just disable the fullscreen, however those who wish to play in fullscreen are doomed because authors think fullscreen isn't necessary, but then again, thats your opinion... what about "our" opinion?

I dislike playing in windowed mode because is not my taste, i disagree with you in "Via a trick known as 'focus' one can eliminate from his consciousness that which he does not currently wish to experience"

By that logic one can eliminate the taste of "excrement" and make it taste like cherry right? wrong. Excrement will taste like excrement.

Anyway is good to know that fullscreen is there, and for that i thank the author that implemented it.

·
desmume coder
488 Posts
I am the author that implemented it. I just like arguing.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I am the author that implemented it. I just like arguing.
Thanks for implementing fullscreen mate, it means a "LOT" for us who wish to play in fullscreen.

I have a question though, which fullscreen is implemented? the one that fills the entire screen without black borders, or the one that puts black borders while maintaining the same windowed size.

The fullscreen that i had in mind was the one that puts black borders, in other words "black out" the entire screen while maintaining a 1.75x windowed size just like NO$Zoomer. I hope we are not bothering you with too much hassle, coding some fullscreen that puts black borders should be no problem with someone who have godly coding mad skillz like you. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.