Next Generation Emulation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dudes

Hope someone can help a guy out. Even though it shouldn't, my SFF looks all seven kinds of ass. It's blocky, grainy low-resolution ASS.

Looks like I'm up to snuff under the hood:

Windows XP
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 4400 @ 2.00GHz on 2 CPUs
Direct X 9.0c
DDR 1024 MB memory

I can't figure out why it continues to ass up all over my screen. Come to think of it, I have similar ugliness issues with a few other games and emulators.

What is the DEAL? Is it because my memory is single channel?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. But is there any way to make this look better? Lots of suckers on youtube are running some games on SSF that look like they're on the Saturn.

Why can't I do that? I really don't get it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Most of the Segasaturn videos on youtube use GiriGiri which uses OpenGL to smooth all the polygons like Epsxe does with playstation games

I use girigiri for all my sega saturn games on PC!
especially because SSF makes sega rally look pixelated like gba but......
this is a pic of it in GiriGiri, the car looks really smooth and sharp!

it's much faster than SSF 0.10 prototype and SSF 0.8:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude, thanks for taking the time to lend a hand. i'll check out how it looks using your emulator and get back to you.

of course, i've been looking this up all over the place when i get a spare ****ing second. a lot of folks say this is just what happens on computer monitors, and if i were to TV out this **** to my TV, it would look much closer to the saturn. is that opinion worth a damn?

thanks guys, really appreciate it

·
Banned
2,299 Posts
It looks so smooth because that video has low resolution, it's displayed on a small window and filtering is applied when you switch the video to full-screen. Try recording and uploading a video yourself and it will look the same.

If you run the game on a real Sega Saturn it will look better. Not because the emulator has a problem or something (on the contrary, SSF uses software rendering to resemble the graphics as they were on a real Saturn without any kind of enhancement) but because the emulator outputs the display on a monitor whereas a real Saturn is usually connected to a television.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts