Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my Inspiron 2200, Most games ran at playable speeds, especially with No$WTT. Processor was 1.6ghz and it had 512 MB Ram

so now on my msi u100, which has the same 1.6ghz and even more RAM, the emulator runs so much slower, making almost all games unplayable

they're both No$GBA 2.6a, anyway to stop this and at least get back to the speed I have on the Inspiron?

·
No$gba Philosopher
548 Posts
Actually it varies from the power of different types of CPUs in different computers and laptops.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Yes just clock rate means little, architecture also plays a role, for instance a 2.2Ghz Core2Duo will obliterate an old Pentium4 even at 3.2Ghz and that's in apps which use only one core so dual-core VS single core does not enter into it.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
That 2.6Ghz Pentium4 obliterates his 1.6Ghz Atom. Seriously there is no solution for him, netbooks are simply too weak for CPU heavy emulation like DS emulation.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Did you tried ANY 3D GAMES, like Pokémon P/D/Pt and other games which uses 3D? xD

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
This way or that a 1.6Ghz Atom is weak, the weakest computer processor currently in production (granted cellphones and some other eletronic devices use even weaker ARM processors but they don't qualify as computers...yet anyways). It's purpose is not computing power like most other processors, it's purpose is to give you access to the bare essentials like a little web-browsing and word processing with as much battery life as possible and in a small convenient package.
You don't buy a netbook cuz you want power, you buy a netbook cuz you want a small portable system capable of letting you use an Office program for as long as possible.
Anything you netbook users get above what I mentioned is an absolute bonus and not something you are entitled to as a netbook user.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I think that he's playing ONLY 2D games. ;)

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
Some people are lucky with weak components but it's not the norm...and I doubt you have tried 3D intensive games like the Pokemon 3D ones...even my much stronger AMD Athlon64 3700+ (2.1Ghz) chugged a little when running those.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
As for as no$gba is concerned your new processor will barely be any stronger than the old one.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
if those happen to be PCSX2 or Dolphin then you will still be dissapointed. Rather save up for an entirely new system.

·
Hackin 'n Slashin
28,630 Posts
256x256 is smaller than my cellphone screen and certainly no way to play...but whatever man it's your money to waste and it has nothing to do with this thread

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.