Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that everyone claims that Shenmue is working fine? Am i the only one who thinks that music is actually an important part of the game?
well anyway, the music doesnt work for me and as far as i could gather thats a known issue. or am i wrong? please feel free to correct me if theres a way to fix this problem!

·
The Metal King
6 Posts
Actually I can't even get my shenmue to work at all. instead of it booting past the Dreamcast logo screen i end up putting the clock in 2x and then when I try again it keeps resetting.
If you can actually get yours to bootup can you tell me what settings you use?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont know, ARE there any settings to chose in chankast? I think you only need one of the three settings that you can make to increase the graphical quality...
if you cant BOOT its probably some sort of version problem, you know, like game i sPAL and bios is NTSC... at least that was the problem for me when i couldnt boot the game-image ^^
but to be honest, i dont think its worth it, the soundtrack of the game seems to be highly praised, so without it theres a huge part of the experience missing. im not willing to play the game until the sound for it works and why its listed in the compatibility list here as fully working is totally beyond me.

·
Eh??
1,739 Posts
deamonhunter said:
and just for the record :shenmue is not fully playable it hangs before the ending

(after u finnish your job at the docks)

Ok, lets see if ppl understand this: CHANKAST IS AN ALPHA VERSION! MOST ALPHA ONES PRODUCES DIFERENT EFFECTS ON EACH COMPUTER!

That said, let me say that I DID finished Shenmue 1 and 2 on Chankast. I had some freezing problems in some points, but in my machine they are random, i just had to try again. The music isn't working for me, but its working on my causin's computer. Go figure!!

Shenmue 2 worked VERY slow and buggy, but I could beat it anyway!

And Carmofin, "working fine" and "working perfect" are two diferent things. Go tell your girlfriend that she looks "fine", she'll probably beat you to death! When we say working fine, it means that the game is playable, not perfect! Its like Resident Evil Code Veronica. It does work fine, but sometimes the sound just disapear! Sometimes you can't even understand the story 'cause the voices are gone, but the game still work "fine".

If you want to play Shenmue perfectly, unfortunatelly you'll have buy a Dreamcast...
I do believe Chankast is dead! But hey, who knows?? Maybe I'm wrong... Lets hope I'm wrong!!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
what? it is? oh man... what a shame...
I really dont think its worth having the console for the two/three games that werent ported to somewhere else, so this is actually one of the few caes where i think emulation does soemthing really great for everyone.
but thank you for the usefull reply, even if it came after a whole month ;)

·
The Hunter
17,202 Posts
You need to have the console to get your bios in the first place ;)

However, I do agree with you, I think the same about N64.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.