Next Generation Emulation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The onyl forum I seem t be able to visit with a majority of sane members these days seem to be emuforums! God I just didn't seem to realize the insane amount of dumb retarded n00bs out there.

So I went to the official playstation forums the other day because a link from some other relatively good forum I visit linked to it. So I got to browsing around just seeing how that forum was, what's new in the world of sony etc ... And OMFG, I was astonioshed at these posts.

Some examples and actual REAL quotes, [Person a] "Can I put a gamecube disk in my PSP?" [Person b] "Go ahead and try it man, it actually works" (I found that one funny) [Person a] "Really? Sweet, i'm gonna go try now" [Person a] "I tried it and nothing happened, but I think I broke my PSP tray"

Oh my frickin' god ...

Another forum I visit recently pissed me off to actually make this thread, so here's a basic story. Some guy is making a new app and made a little logo for it, obviously he can code, but doesn't know photoshop worth a crap, so I helped him out and made him a logo to be nice. Pretty nifty one too I may add :D Anyways I get a few compliments (how nice :)) and the thread goes on ... Some other guy a few hours later copies my design almost to a tee and changed a few colors etc, and says 'look what I made blah blah' ...

Everyone all of a sudden is like 'ooooh what a nice logo', 'damn now THAT'S nice work' etc ... For one he ****ing stole my design, copies the fonts, ideas and placing of text ... Gah ... Sorry i'm venting a little but I from the kindness of my heart make a logo for a struggling developer to make his work seem a little more professional, and then some jackass steals my ideas, changed some colors and now is ****ing king ****! Just to get some praise.

I have more stories, but I want you guys to share yours. This will be the official place to vent about how retarded other forums' members can be sometimes ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Well no doubt you are a king of photoshop and for someone to steal your work they should be well. something bad should happen to them. Any ways although this wasnt on a forum a friend of mine asked me where to put his thumb drive because his computer doesnt have a "thumb" and it is a dell. So I assumed he thought he needed a "thumb computer"

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
heh, i know what you mean RB. i mean, i feel like i know a lot of people here, at least as online buddies. where i can say "hey guys remember the time" and that stuff.

i visit a few other forums, but none come close to Emuforums. since you asked for it i'll tell ya.

diabolo.ca: really strange, since most members arent very good at english. still a kind, gentle place, with odd moderating sometimes :p a very small forum, and most people's usernames are their own real life names.
honda-tech: an extremely busy forum, full of total idiots who make uninformed posts. ugh, the people there are idiots. i just go to see people posting pics of their cars :p
accessphoto.com: a new forum, really great and helpful people there. it's really slow, hardly any posts per day, but it's new so hey.
exemu.net: ok i dont really go there anymore even though it's my site (and thoughtless and kellan etc..)...man it turned into GC emu-land and im not into that.
emutalk.net: signed up just to see people's attachments. i hate that place.
lordkane.co.uk: seems like the site is down at the mo, too bad, im an admin there!

there are some other forums too that i cant really remember. emuforums is my main place of online "hangout" i guess you can say. without emuforums i really do not know what i would do with my life, as sad as that sounds...

·
~ Lord of Darkness ~
15,407 Posts
hushypushy said:
there are some other forums too that i cant really remember. emuforums is my main place of online "hangout" i guess you can say. without emuforums i really do not know what i would do with my life, as sad as that sounds...
Don't worry, once you start University, get an underpaid job, go out on Fridays to pseudo orgies with really drunken chicks and give in to the joy of MMORPGs your life won't have enough time to do all you want... then you will give up on sleep.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Some forums seem to be riddled with morons, Indeed. Nowadays i visit emuforums (rarely, sadly, until emulation really picks up as i havent touched an emulator in ages), uTorrent's forums, Animesuki (very rarely), Neowin (lots of morons but they can be avoided if you dont post in certain subforums), Hydrogenaudio, etc.

Ive seen trolls all over the place, But when you got good moderation teams etc it helps alot.

Kaiser: Alcohol is bad for you, mkay? :]

·
NextGenerationGaymulation
2,775 Posts
It's not like we don't have a great deal of noobs cooming in here too. I still think the guy who suggested porting PCSX2 to DOS so it could achieve greater speeds takes the prize... but it did offer a good laugh!

I think the difference on this forum is that the majority of the members are rather intelligent ( I wouldn't go as far as to call most sane though :lol: ) and the noobs and idiots don't stay very long. Especially not with people like CKemu around, he's really good at making fun of them!

Ooo, yeah and there are bunch of good admins.

·
The Hunter
15,879 Posts
This was the first forum where I signed up, and I've always liked this place. You can talk about anything you want and there are always members willing to help. I met some great people here and I don't intend on leaving any time soon.

A cousin of mine asked me to come over to RPG forums, but I didn't like the people over there. I don't even remember the exact name of the place.

My dutch hangout place would be www.mafkeez.com/forum. It's got 60 member but only about 10 people actually post on a daily basis, most of us have met each other in RL as well.

The last place where I signed up was dcemulation's forums. It's a nice place with newb friendly members, just don't act like a total moron and you'll stay out of trouble. I like that place as well, but I only visit there for all my DC emulation news and discussions about DC. I don't go to off topic or the spam forum.

Somehow I share RB's feelings about this place being one of the few forums where the majority of the members act as intelligent lifeforms.

·
Coffee Demon
2,907 Posts
hehe...well even EMUFORUMS pisses us off at times, but it is one of the more tolerable. Plus we know many members here.

We try Emutalk on occasion. We try to help out after Keef merged his site, but if we don't see a topic that requires our attention then we usually try to avoid random posts.

Playstation.com forums - we know what you mean RB. We usually avoid most sections there. We only go because we are on the Game Advisory Panel or when we are beta testing.

We used to run our own forums years ago. Looks like we will soon get that opportunity again (hehe). It is usually great when the community is small and friendly

Oh..examples? The first that comes to mind is:
N00b - "My friend says there is a fully working PS2 emulator. Where can I download it?"
DW - "There are PS2 emulators that are seeing great progress, but none are currently working fully"
N00b - "You don't know what your talking about. My friend has it and plays it all the time! He sends me screenshots."
N00b - "BUMP "My friend says there is a fully working PS2 emulator. Where can I download it?"

·
Premium Member
12,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ah glad to see i'm not alone :p

Emuforums was the very first forum I actually registered at and I couldn;t be happier. No other forums has the same type of group that we seem t have here. I totally agree hushy, this is a place where I also find myself saying "remember when ..." and things like that. Where I could set up an online game of whatever and have a blast :)

Oh and like Chankast said, the staff. I mean some other forums have 10 year old staff members who are just as dumb or more retarded than n00bs themselves. -_-

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I visit at least 10 emulation-specific forums, and I obtain useful information from them, so that I have extensive knowledge of my favourite emulators.

I was a member of Emuhelp, Emufanatics and Emulation64 before they all merged into Emulation64 which I staff, and I have been a long-term member and contributor of the Snes9x/ZSNES board for years on several iterations of both their boards. I am mainly a member of this forum for the Hardware and VBA subforums (if I need to report a bug).

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
i've never really tried any other forums. i have an account here and there, but none that i ever frequent.
all i can say is that if you're looking for noobs and vicious posters, look no further than gamefaqs.

·
Premium Member
bsnes, ePSXe
21,982 Posts
Dark Watcher said:
Oh..examples? The first that comes to mind is:
N00b - "My friend says there is a fully working PS2 emulator. Where can I download it?"
DW - "There are PS2 emulators that are seeing great progress, but none are currently working fully"
N00b - "You don't know what your talking about. My friend has it and plays it all the time! He sends me screenshots."
N00b - "BUMP "My friend says there is a fully working PS2 emulator. Where can I download it?"
hahahah oh god that reminds me of one time in #hushypushy we had a huge laugh, there was this torrent link posted to FFXII. just FYI, it's a 1.5gb ISO. let me just paste in some funny parts:

how to play these games ( newbie ) on ps2. will i need to put a patch or can i just burn n play???
and the classic reply:

pretty sure you need a PS2 emulator to play this. Not sure though, that's just my 14cents.....
and some other stupid snippets:

oh man i dun have a dvd burner. Does that mean i cant burn this ?
my ps2 aint modded so how would I do chip it to play this demo? :(

also id rather play on PC cuz it'll be alot easier, u guys sure no ps2 emulator will work? :(
can i play this on my comp or do i gotta burn it

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Razor, seeing the amount of messageboards out there, there are bound to be dozens with sane communities. Perhaps it are your interests that are shared by many in(s)ane people. :p *Runs*

Kaiser Sigma said:
..go out on Fridays to pseudo orgies with really drunken chicks..
Maybe Razor doesn't like drunk chicks, like some other members didn't use to. ;)

Dark Watcher said:
hehe...well even EMUFORUMS pisses us off at times, but it is one of the more tolerable.
Not from where I'm standing. :p

·
He's watching you.
1,221 Posts
I like NGemu because of the anti-NooB filter (im looking at you Elly :p)

·
...and now they do.
20,002 Posts
i don't know... if the WoW players are anything like the diablo2 crowd, i'd have my doubts

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.