• To have some fun.

Votes: 29 24.6%
  • Emotional bond towards the forums.

Votes: 45 38.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After considering the fact that so many people visit these forums, I was wondering what brings them here ? Emulation needs ? Fun stuff ? curiosity or emotional attachment ?
Personally I think I am so much attached to the forums that I cant live without it. Tried leaving this place 3-4 times but only to come back again.
So what's your opinion ?

Note: There may be more than one option that you like but you have to select the best of them.

· Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
After reading above posts I have an amazing feeling, a feeling that I cant describe but something really really special. Especially after reading posts from Metalmurphy , Xeven, dpence, Darkwatcher & Mad. All of us joined in early psxemu days. Those were the days....................

/me reminds of Shiori, Ryos, Betamax, Shadowlady, Zephon, Firegl, Sxamiga, Kane, Samor, Fivefeet8, Ckemu, Bobbi, keith, Raziel, Syed, Elly, Boltzmann, Emu authors, plugin writers & many many Others Wow....... We have had some great posters in the past.

And the best thing is that the fun continues.........

Long live my Ngemu family :)

· Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hey Kaiser ;)

What ? No votes for PCSX2 section ? Where are all the <10 post noobies who only post in PCSX2 forums asking help with bios/roms/isos/releases/compatibility ? :D

On a serious note sometime ago I too felt that forums were dying and good old posters werent posting anymore but then I realised that most of them are more involved in real life but still they keep a watch here.

After that I managed to find some really nice new members and have been having lots of fun lately with guys like generalplot, refraction, saqib, rudy, bositman & others.

· Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 · (Edited)
masque said:
i don't think I've seen a thread with so many 4000+ posters here before....
That includes many others like me and Samor who voluntarily got their post count reset to 0 at one point or other.

Seriously speaking I think these are some moments I can never forget :

1. My Ngemu signup day. (I think shiori also signed up on the same day).

2. My first question post. (I think I was trying to find a solution to white boxes around characters problem in silent hill.Some people still look out for that solution).

3. First beta testing with Nickk's plugin. (That gave rise to testing a lot of emus after that, it was real fun when Darkwatcher called me Universal Beta tester). ;)

4. Conspiracy thread.

5. The plan.

6. Making of savestatecentral. (Many people helped, keith gave me webspace and also made me an [email protected]).

7. Day when I was promoted to [email protected]

And many many more....... :D

· Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
hmm ... I was supposed to spend more time on that one :laugh:
You still can ;)

Yeah, I got a PM from, I think, Betamax....
I think that was a real good batch of members who got admin. status at that time.

I remembered two more things.

8. Difference of opinions between admin.(that was all in private admin. thread so not many people know about them). ;)

9. My little experiment when I signed up as a new member and created stir among administrators.

· Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Samor said:
I doubt that many know who she is, and even less know what happened back then... there's a bunch of silly jokes/hints that some might remember, or maybe no one at all.
If I remember correctly she was called "Meryl" or something. I do remember two comics where in the first there was supposedly blood around and you asked to guess what happened ? And in the second one it was explained in a really funny way. :D

Just to inform you guys I posted this thread in nominations for best thread of the year 2005.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.